Thread: Skilled Migrant Residency Visa

Question Skilled Migrant Residency Visa

Hi,

I'm about to fill in the online forms and submit my EOI but I need to clear something up first. I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm on a 5 year essentials skills visa and have been living and working in Auckland for the last two years.

My question is does it matter that I apply for residency under a job title different to the one used for my Essentials skills visa?

I used an agent for my skills visa and she applied for a ICT Systems analyst (26112) but all my experience has been as a developer programmer (261312).

The current employment position that I hold is Business Analyst (261111) with development listed as one of my duties.

My thinking is I want to apply as Developer programmer (261312) for my Residency application but I'm not sure whether the different Job title's will impact negatively on my application?

Thanks in advance for any help

What does your agent say when you ask her why she has done this?

She's not my agent anymore and I didn't know to ask her at the time. I was very hands off at that time to my detriment.

I suspect that it had something to do with job title of the job I accepted which formed the basis of my work visa. The job title was Business Analyst.

I did mention to her that I was surprised by her choice and her answer was that roles change all the time and that INZ wouldn't find it strange that I apply for another title when applying for a residence visa.

It's a big deal, with huge ramifications if I get this wrong.

It's always a matter for INZ of comparing the description given by your employer of what your actual responsibilities are in your current job, with the job description at ANZSCO of whatever career you have submitted under. The NAME of the job doesn't matter, if the descriptions match pretty well, as an employer can call a post whatever he likes that makes sense within the company. Also, there is known to be a LOT of overlap between different jobs in the IT area.