Thread: Anyone applied for Partnership based Work Visa Online after July 2018?

Default Anyone applied for Partnership based Work Visa Online after July 2018?

Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and I have been reading through the forum for a while now hoping to find a recent post on Partnership based Work Visa but I didn't quite find anything that addressed my concerns. I have few questions and would love to hear your feedback

My husband (who is a NZ citizen and his entire family lives in NZ as well) and I have been together since January 2016 and we registered our marriage in September 2016 and had our wedding reception in June 2017. We have been officially living together since June 2017 at my parent's place in Sri Lanka. I applied for my partnership based work visa on 20th August 2018 online via an immigration advisor. We submitted all the relevant evidence i.e joint statement with timeline, marriage certificates, police certificates, joint insurance, overseas holidays we've taken together, affidavit from my father stating we have been living together at the family home, letters from friends and family vouching for our relationship, photo evidence etc.

I have not received any update regarding my application and when I called the INZ hotline last week, a very helpful lady told me my application is still the queue in the Mumbai office and my immigration advisor said she doesn't have an update either. It will be 45 days for the 5th of October 2018 and I read on the INZ website 75% of the applications are processed within 45 day and I really hoped my application would fall within that 75% as I am currently 5 months pregnant and my doctor advised me not to take any long flights after 7 months My previous experience with my NZ visitor visa has been extremely quick, they processed it in less than 5 days so I had high hopes for this one.

My questions are:

1) Anyone applied for partnership based work visa online recently (after July 2018) while residing in another country and received the visa or any kind of update? If so, please share the timeline
    2) All my medical examinations came out normal however I could not do the chest X-ray as I am pregnant. I had the option of proceeding with my application without the chest X-ray or else deliver the baby and do the X-ray and then apply for the visa. I decided to proceed without the X-ray. Anyone who was in a similar situation was granted visa without the chest X-ray?

I am super nervous and worried because according to my doctor I should not travel after 3rd week December and my husband just moved back to NZ two weeks ago to settle in and to buy a house and prepare for the baby as he wants the baby to be delivered in NZ.

So sorry for the long post! Thank you so much in advance

Hello and welcome.

Every application is individual, and whatever anyone else's experience turns out to be, it has no bearing on your case, I'm afraid. Also, any estimate of processing time stated by INZ, whether on their website or by an individual officer, is never a promise, only ever their best guess based on recent averages. Processing times depend on a lot of variables, not just the facts of your case and how well you have presented them. Much depends on how many applications went in just before yours, and are therefore in the queue to be dealt with before yours, because INZ work everything by managed, date-order queues. Then there is the matter of staffing in that particular branch - staff training, sickness, and holidays, for instance.

Sorry to hear you are anxious. This is an entirely normal state for anyone with an application in to INZ, however, even without the added factor of your pregnancy. All I can say is to wish you luck that your case will go through in time for you to be able to travel.

Thank you JandM for the helpful insight! I guess I will have to just wait it out and see...fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.

Every application is individual, and whatever anyone else's experience turns out to be, it has no bearing on your case, I'm afraid. Also, any estimate of processing time stated by INZ, whether on their website or by an individual officer, is never a promise, only ever their best guess based on recent averages. Processing times depend on a lot of variables, not just the facts of your case and how well you have presented them. Much depends on how many applications went in just before yours, and are therefore in the queue to be dealt with before yours, because INZ work everything by managed, date-order queues. Then there is the matter of staffing in that particular branch - staff training, sickness, and holidays, for instance.

Sorry to hear you are anxious. This is an entirely normal state for anyone with an application in to INZ, however, even without the added factor of your pregnancy. All I can say is to wish you luck that your case will go through in time for you to be able to travel.
    I just received my partnership based work visa valid for 24 months!! In exactly 47 calendar days and a CO never contacted me

Congratulations!!!

Oh, this IS good news - congratulations!