Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online NZ Radio/TV

Default Online NZ Radio/TV

I wanted to see/hear a bit of NZ life whilst sitting here in my cold boring UK room.

Anyone know or recommend any online streaming tv or radio shows from NZ, a bit of news, or just general life.

Hello, I have just been listening to Radio New Zealand, one of the main national radio stations. It is quite interesting as you can hear about current issues, news, reviews and even recipes. The address is www.radionz.co.nz. I found the talk about the economy quite good.

Hope this helps.

Becca

I sometimes watch news clips from

http://www.tv3.co.nz/listings/index.cfm

and

http://www.tvnz.co.nz/

Thanks i taking a look, and listen

DOH, just was listening to NZ radio and thought "this seems a bit mellow and laid-back radio" then the news came on at 4am !!

Only forgot the time-difference didnt i !? hehe

Don't worry, I do it in reverse. I've managed to hang up before the call is connected before now.

D

This station, newstalk ZB does a live feed. Its commercial and the most popular by vote.
    http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/

Lee - as you mentioned overnight Radio NZ, I'd say that Radio NZ overnight is probably my favorite time to tune in because it has such a terrific variety if material. Science spots, Maori dramas, a few tunes, etc. Amazing and just what overnight radio -- or indeed any radio -- should be. Try it if other overnight staples -- such as talkback -- are not your cup of tea.

Also, one of the 12am-6am (!) presenters, a guy called Lloyd Scott, is not only excellent but sounds almsot exactly like 1970s-1980s Thames TV continuity announcer Philip Elsmore. Go on, South-East UK folks, tune in and see! It's nigh-on uncanny.

Anyway, Radio NZ is superb. Their middle-of-day shows are always good, too. Their other stuff probably is, too, but I haven't listened to enough of it.

Oops. Just changed by post above. I meant that Lloyd Scott sounds like Philip Elsmore from old Thames TV continuity. Sorry!

NZ TV on the other hand is awful.

I watched tv2 last night waiting for a medical crime programme to come on, nothing but bling bling stars home, checked the listing in the paper and on-line. I was watching a non advertised programme and this continued for 90 mins leaping the 2 progs that should have been supposedly showing.

I wouldn't normally be glued to it but I was home alone and liked the look of these 2 progs.

AND I'm having to live through Tommy's murder again.

And Antiques Roadshow on a Saturday night? I can't get me head round it. That's supposed to be winter sunday evenings?????????????

Deborah

Pushes soapbox back under bed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast