Thread: Travel Conditions

Default Travel Conditions

Hi All,

I am a Kiwi, my wife is an NZ Resident, not permanent, we are currently in OZ with my work, my wife has a 1 year travel condition, if it comes close to expiring can she extend it, how long for & how?

Cheers.

On this page https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident and the links off it, you can see the various possibilities. What she will be able to do depends on which of these she will have qualified for (largely by time previously spent in NZ since she became a resident).

Quote Originally Posted by cb10 View Post
    Hi All,

I am a Kiwi, my wife is an NZ Resident, not permanent, we are currently in OZ with my work, my wife has a 1 year travel condition, if it comes close to expiring can she extend it, how long for & how?

Cheers.
    there are special provisions which apply to partners of NZ citizens

see

RV4.20.1 Partners of New Zealand citizens

Partners of New Zealand citizens may be granted a second or subsequent resident visa with 24 months of multiple entry travel conditions, provided the New Zealand partner supports the application in writing and:

the applicant’s resident visa was obtained on the basis of their partnership with the same New Zealand citizen and the partnership is ongoing; or

an immigration officer is satisfied that the applicant has been living with the New Zealand citizen in a genuine and stable relationship for at least one year at the time of application.

Dependent children of the partner of a New Zealand citizen, who were included in that partner's residence class visa application, may be granted a second or subsequent resident visa with 24 months of travel conditions, equivalent to the partner’s second or subsequent resident visa.

An immigration officer may ask for any additional evidence that the relationship is ongoing, genuine, and stable, including that obtained by interview.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, my wife's travel conditions run out May 2019, she will at that time have been an NZ Resident 2 years.

Cheers.