Thread: Is there a maximum number of temporary visas you can receive?

Default Is there a maximum number of temporary visas you can receive?

I came to NZ in 2015 with my now ex partner. I was on a 3 year partnership based visa with him. We split up and I met my current partner who is a kiwi, I reapplied and got another partnership based work visa which will expire in December (it was only granted for a year as we had only been living together for 3 months) I will be applying for a further work visa just before December. I was reading somewhere (can't remember where) that INZ only give 2 partnership based visas is this correct?

I will be applying for residency but I am in the process of saving for this at the moment

I'm sure there is someone far more qualified to answer this than myself, but I recall when applying for my partnership residency visa that the documentation mentioned that the sponsor is only eligible to sponsor two people in their lifetime for a residency class visa. Perhaps this is what you read?

It's not the number of visas, but the length of time a visa can run for a partnership. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#45665.htm