Thread: Essential Skills Visa process question

Default Essential Skills Visa process question

Hi there,

Is someone able to clarify what the actual process is of applying for the essential skills visa please.

Do i lodge the application online with the initial application fee and then wait for them to ask for the employer supplementary form?
    Will they only ask for the medical certificate and chest x-rays once the visa has pretty much been granted?

Also, is there any flexibility in terms of experience and qualifications needed? Im currently working as a gardener (according to remuneration table is a level 4-5 job) with only 6 months experience and no qualifications. The company struggle to find good workers who are willing to learn so want to keep me.

I have posted something similar in the past so apologies but i'm really struggling to decide if its actually worth me applying. I'm just looking for real honest advice so I can start to plan.

If anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated!

Matt

You should have all your documents together and included in the application before you hit "submit." This is the case for any visa, I would imagine. Sometimes you can upload supplemental documents later, but there's no such thing as "pretty much granted" if the application doesn't include all required documents. If it's listed as a requirement, make sure you have it attached.

This means you will need to be fully invested in the process, there's no "testing the waters" before going ahead and getting your medicals etc.

My first step would be making sure that experience and job type were likely to get an approval, maybe others can advise on that aspect.