Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident to PR

Default Resident to PR

Hi ,

We came 10 Oct 16, and we were out of NZ for two months. but we have competed 184 days on each year.

I am working last 18 months in NZ. What are the documents i have to submit for PR to Immigration.

When i try to get INZ1006 completion form IRD. they given new form to fill as well as asking movementcheck from custom.

Please advice.

Thanks

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria Also go to the PROCESS tab.

It sounds as though you are going to use the 'time in NZ' option for showing commitment to NZ, so you don't need to provide a statement of tax resident status as well.

Thanks JandM

Hi JandM,
    My resident visa for 2 years travel period are expired. is it fine. because i have first entered to NZ on 10 Oct 16.

Hello, It doesnt matter if your travel condition expires as long as you stay in New Zealand. The moment you leave the country, you wont be allowed to enter New Zealand on that visa. So its better to apply for permanent Residency beofre you travel out of New Zealand

sameer 456 is right. Your Resident status lasts for ever while you are in New Zealand. It is the travel conditions (and that is just a name for 'permission to re-enter') that expire after two years, therefore, if you were outside the country with no travel conditions, you couldn't get back to get the benefit of being a resident, so it could lapse.

can you renew a new one if you did not stay in NZ for 184 days in the last year?

Quote Originally Posted by oleole View Post
    can you renew a new one if you did not stay in NZ for 184 days in the last year?
    I think you can only get Permanent residence if you have lived for 184 days or more in each consecutive years. So if you have not stayed in NZ for more than 184 days in each consecutive years then you have to complete those two years and then apply.

This is not an immigration advise.

sameer 456 is quite right, again, if you are using the 'time spent in NZ' option for proving commitment to New Zealand. See this page https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident and the various links for the explanations of what is possible.

Quick question - my friend claims I can apply for PR before the two years mark as I have met the "time in NZ" condition already (as well as the employment one), but I'm pretty sure this is incorrect?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast