Thread: Converting Long Term Skills Shortage Visa to Residency Timeline

Default Converting Long Term Skills Shortage Visa to Residency Timeline

Afternoon all,

My long term skills shortage visa is going to turn two years old on the 2nd of January (date of first entry), and I've already got all of my documentation ready and filled in for converting that into residency in New Zealand.

I've not moved jobs since I moved here, however I am about to move on to my boat full time, so won't have a "fixed address", which isn't really that much of an issue since I use my work address as my correspondence address anyway.

My question is do I need to wait until the 2nd of January to submit that application, or, given the expected processing times for all residency visa (currently at 8 months as per IMZ), can I send in the application prior to the two years being completed for it to be approved as soon as the New Year ticks round?

Thanks,

Matt

You need to wait. Submitting an application to INZ is a legal action warranting that everything you say in it is the truth, so nobody can claim something in advance (when it isn't true YET).
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria
    You must have a current Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa and have held it for at least 24 months.