Thread: Urgent Help- ITA received today

Default Urgent Help- ITA received today

Hi Everyone,

I have received my ITA today.
    When i was applying my EOI i haven't included my wife in the application but i have entered her details( gave an explanation why i haven't included in the EOI as she is due in Nov and currently living in India)
    She has a work visa linked to my previous work visa and her work visa expires in august 2019. I have got a new work visa with a new job in this July. She went back to home to deliver the baby.
    I have seen in the application guide that " we have to include your partner or children if they have temporary visa which is linked to you"
    Do i have to include her in the same application and apply for both the residency at the same time ?
    She has to given an english test to include her in the application but at this stage it would take few months to give english test.
    If i decide to apply for her one too with my application, can we submit english language results later ? Or what are the other options?
    She will be in my country for few months and planning to return after the baby is born.
    Can i apply for my residency and given an explanation to INZ that why i am not including partner in the application ?
    Can someone please advise me on this ?

Thanks

You are giving mixed messages to INZ about your partnership by first getting your wife a temporary visa, then NOT getting her another temporary visa when you last changed your work visa (her old one lapsed when your visa that it depended on was superseded by the new one), and then not including her in your application for residence.

It can be a problem if INZ think that a relationship has broken down. Yes, they accepted in the past that you were a genuine couple, and gave your wife a partner-sponsored temporary work visa, but they know that people's marriages can end, so her absence from your paperwork can make it look as though she has left you. For the long-term, if there is a some strong reason (work, study, health care for themself or a family member) why people need to be apart for a while, INZ need them to explain, and to show how they are keeping up their partnership during the absence (see here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ly/partnership under Time spent living apart), for instance by providing phone or internet chat records, and proof of financial connections, e.g. bank accounts with partners supporting one another, or either partner buying goods or services that will be for them both or their shared home.

I think you need to contact INZ to ask if you can add her now to your ITA - if she is to be included, she should have been included on the EOI, and I hope they will allow you to add her if you explain that you didn't understand that she should have been on it.

If your wife can be added, and does not have proof of English ability at the moment, you can put in your application saying that you will pre-purchase ESOL tuition for her - see here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66778.htm at SM4.10 a ii. Then, once she has taken whichever test she is going to use and got a satisfactory result, you can just send that result to INZ, and you will not need to buy the tuition after all.

Thank you very much JandM
    My ITA valid until feb2019, i will include my wife and kid in the same application.
    I have contacted INZ yesterday. They have advised me the same that i have to include her.

That's good that it's all sorted out.