Thread: Please help me out

Default Please help me out

New Zealand Immigration Points

Age – 34 years_30 Points (20 to 39 years)
    Qualification – Level 9_70 points (Evaluation from NZQA)
    Work Experience – July 2008 to till date _50 points ( 10 years in Civil Engineering as Design Engineer – Highways)
    I have work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage- 6 years or more_15 points
    My Partner has a recognized qualification- Level 7_10 points (Evaluation from NZQA)
    Total = 175 points

My Concerns
    In regard to work experience, I have work experience in INDIA, Africa, Middle East and Europe. Will my 10 years of experience is considered or is there any criteria for the same
    And
    I am a Highway Design Engineer and Highway Designing is also a part of Civil Engineering. So, I presume that all my 10 years of experience in Highway Designing is part of Civil Engineering and claiming points in “Work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage-6 years or more”
    I kindly request all group member to suggest/advise me if I am wrong anywhere in claiming points or lost the plot anywhere in the process of immigration.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

"Comparable labour market requirement
    If you do not qualify for points for skilled employment, or for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage, your work experience must have been gained in a comparable labour market. While undertaking this work experience you must have been a citizen or permanent resident of that country, or had the lawful authority to work in that country."

"Comparable labour market list
    A group of countries that INZ considers have a similar labour market, which is made up of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macau, Malta, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom and the United States of America.

Work experience in a country not listed above will only be assessed as being in a comparable labour market if it was for a multinational entity domiciled in one of the countries listed above."

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ork-experience

According to your description, the civil engineer (233211) is in Long Term Skill Shortage List (https://goo.gl/RSJe9Y), your qualification must match one of the following requirements:
    - A Washington Accord accredited (initial) engineering degree (listed - see Note 3)
    - A Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (NZQF Level 8)
    - A qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher, with a letter from Engineering New Zealand certifying that the degree and any further learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered Professional Engineer professional status in New Zealand
    - NZ registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer by Engineering New Zealand.

Then you can claim work experience points and extra points.

And i presume you are an offshore applicant