Thread: Not a Bona fide applicant for temporary entry. Help!!!

Default Not a Bona fide applicant for temporary entry. Help!!!

Hello everyone.

I need your help urgently please. I have just received a letter from INZ with the below:

Our assessment of your application
    We have completed an assessment of your application and have identified the following issues which
    may have a negative impact on the outcome of your application:
    You may not be a bona fide applicant for temporary entry
    Section WF1 of our Immigration Instructions states that all applicants under family stream work
    instructions must meet the requirements under generic instructions for bona fide applicants. All
    instructions referred to throughout this letter can be found in the appendix below.
    E5.1 states that to be classified as a bona fide applicant we must be satisfied that you genuinely
    intend a temporary stay in New Zealand for a lawful purpose. E5.10 lists what an Immigration Officer
    must take into account when determining whether an applicant for a temporary entry visa is a bona
    fide temporary applicant. In particular, account must be taken of your personal circumstances.
    We note that you may not have the right to return to South Africa or your home country after exiting. Please
    continue to explain your immigration status in South Africa and whether you would have the right to
    return. Please also outline your circumstances in your home country.
    As the issues detailed above may affect the outcome of your application, we are bringing them to
    your attention out of fairness to you.
    We have not made a decision on your application at this stage. This letter gives you the opportunity
    to make any comments and submit any additional evidence or information in relation to these issues.
    End of INZ letter.

My husband have a Valid NZ work visa. He has the same South African immigration status as I have (refugee status). He was granted a work visa but I received the above when I applied for the partnership visa. My husband is currently in South Africa. He managed to enter South Africa again after working in NZ for a while. He got back his South African Refugee status again when he returned.

Please help on the response that will satisfy the CO and grant me a partnership work visa. Any help / advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you all

PPI is not a 'no', and shouldn't be taken to be hostile. It is INZ telling you what they've found in your situation which MIGHT be taken as not fitting with the regulations, and giving you the chance to provide more explanations, background, and evidence which will make it clear why you think that you DO fit. Keep calm, and provide what INZ has asked for, and whatever else you can.

For one thing, your last paragraph gives information that the CO considering YOUR application probably doesn't have - the example of your husband's experience may help.

I think you have said before that you have an LIA - get his/her help with this. Yours won't be the first PPI email they have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    PPI is not a 'no', and shouldn't be taken to be hostile. It is INZ telling you what they've found in your situation which MIGHT be taken as not fitting with the regulations, and giving you the chance to provide more explanations, background, and evidence which will make it clear why you think that you DO fit. Keep calm, and provide what INZ has asked for, and whatever else you can.

For one thing, your last paragraph gives information that the CO considering YOUR application probably doesn't have - the example of your husband's experience may help.

I think you have said before that you have an LIA - get his/her help with this. Yours won't be the first PPI email they have seen.
    Thank you for your response JandM

It helped me to calm down a bit. I was really freaking out. I don't have an LIA at the moment. I did the application this time on my own. That's why I will really appreciate all the help I can get here. Can you please help me with the wording of my response to the CO?

Can you please help me with the wording of my response to the CO?
    Nobody can do this who is not an LIA or immigration lawyer, because of a New Zealand law which was brought in several years ago. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51538 https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24859

Oh my! Thank you JandM

Hi JandM

I just want to let you know that my partnership work visa was finally approved after a 2 year struggle. Thank you so much for all your help.

To all those who are still in this journey, never give up. My visa application was denied twice, which broke me but I'm glad that I didn't give up. My partnership work visa was granted when I applied for the 3rd time! There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm very pleased for you. And this time, you did it all yourself! Congratulations.

Thank you so much JandM!