Thread: Delay on the National Security Check

Default Delay on the National Security Check

Hi everyone,

Not sure if you need to do the NSC or not. For those who need to do the NSC,how long you have been waiting for?My NSC has been sent on May and till now it is almost 6months,still no update from the third party yet. Feeling so upset about this fact. Does anyone here complete the NSC within 3-4 months?which is really lucky I think,or most of you facing the same thing like me?Waiting NSC for ages. Just Wanna hear some comments if you have any?or please kindly share your NSC timeline. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cheyan34 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Not sure if you need to do the NSC or not. For those who need to do the NSC,how long you have been waiting for?My NSC has been sent on May and till now it is almost 6months,still no update from the third party yet. Feeling so upset about this fact. Does anyone here complete the NSC within 3-4 months?which is really lucky I think,or most of you facing the same thing like me?Waiting NSC for ages. Just Wanna hear some comments if you have any?or please kindly share your NSC timeline. Thanks.
    Don't worry, it's quite common. Most people I heard for NSC is longer than 6 month. But if you have been waiting for more than 6 month with NSC, you could ask CO for a quick check with the third party.

Hey, I'm in the same boat here!

I think the NSC might depend on your nationality (or countries you lived in) so the timelines may vary. I've been waiting for almost 7 months now, my NSC was initiated on 13 April. My officer said that he'll keep checking every day for the results and that at the moment it took about 7 months for other cases he's got so he's hoping to get mine back soon (but who knows). My previous officer (yes, it's been so long and I've had more than one CO since people come and go *sigh*) also said it should take around 6-7 months.
    I've got a super straightforward case (they don't have any questions), I've lived in NZ since I was 15 and I've only left the country for short holidays. I'm also short on time since I was hoping to go back to uni in Feb (and I've only got a couple of months left to enrol) but there's nothing I can do. It is painful and frustrating but we just have to keep waiting.

Good luck to us - that's all I can say