Thread: Points for EOI

Default Points for EOI

Hi, I have been offered an ANZCO Level 1 job with a salary of $60000 per annum. I am planning to apply for SMC and have solid 150 points with me. I came to do a Post Graduate Diploma in Science at the University of Auckland but only graduate with a Post Graduate Certificate in Level 8. I studied for a whole year and failed a subject and the university only awarded me the PGCert. I would like to know if I could claim 10 points on EOI application.

Thanks very much

See here, SM 8.25 b. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66810.htm
    It sounds as though you, with a New Zealand PG qualification at level 8, after a year's study, meet the criterion.
    A recognised postgraduate New Zealand qualification (levels 8, 9 or 10 on the NZQF).

The qualification must require a minimum of one year of full-time study in New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwp89 View Post
    Hi, I have been offered an ANZCO Level 1 job with a salary of $60000 per annum. I am planning to apply for SMC and have solid 150 points with me. I came to do a Post Graduate Diploma in Science at the University of Auckland but only graduate with a Post Graduate Certificate in Level 8. I studied for a whole year and failed a subject and the university only awarded me the PGCert. I would like to know if I could claim 10 points on EOI application.

Thanks very much
    As long as the Post Graduate Certificate you have is definitely a Level 8 and you studied it full-time for at least 1 year, you would be eligible for the 10 bonus points.