Thread: Can I change my employer even though I got ITA already?

Default Can I change my employer even though I got ITA already?

Hi ENZ, this forum is very informative and helpful. Special shout out to JandM. In my case, I had my EOI accepted this month and had ITA after a day. Unfortunately, my employer had decided not to support me with my residence application but they said they are willing to support on getting the work visa. I am currently on an Open Work Visa. I found some employers that are willing to support on my residency with the same job that I am doing now. Is it okay to change employer at this time? Thanks in advance.

Yes, as long as you make absolutely certain FIRST that the change is allowed by your present visa, and that you keep to the terms of your contract with this employer - period for giving notice, etc..

these days many employers like to do work visa instead of residence. Just want to keep employees as long as they could.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, as long as you make absolutely certain FIRST that the change is allowed by your present visa, and that you keep to the terms of your contract with this employer - period for giving notice, etc..
    Thank you JandM. You're very helpful. I found another employer that is willing to support on my SMC application, however his business has just started. Same job description and salary. Will this affect my application? INZ might say that the company is not established yet or does not a manager since it is just a new and small company?

Quote Originally Posted by ysc5 View Post
    these days many employers like to do work visa instead of residence. Just want to keep employees as long as they could.
    Yes, I agree. Specially if you are working on business/sales industry.

Quote Originally Posted by caloiPH View Post
    I found another employer that is willing to support on my SMC application, however his business has just started. Same job description and salary. Will this affect my application? INZ might say that the company is not established yet or does not a manager since it is just a new and small company?

There have been plenty of people on the forum who have got residence through companies that were newly started - as long as the INZ finance experts can see that the business plan looks sound, and that the employer has enough money to carry them through the early stages, they are happy. Another point can be that the employer worries that their employee (that is, you, in this case) will get to know their private finances, and that doesn't happen. Everything the employer has to tell to INZ about their business is confidential to INZ, and they don't share it with the applicant.