Thread: Partnership - SMC

Default Partnership - SMC

Hi JandM, hope you can help me here.
    We applied for our residence under SMC. The application got lodged on 1st Aug 18. We are still awaiting CO to be allocated.
    However, I applied for residence on basis of my partner who is the principal partner who now lives in different city outside Auckland since the job was available outside Auckland . We Keep travelling on weekends and we have all our evidence of staying in touch like celebrating birthdays , emails and chats. We also completed our 12 month living together criteria as per INZ. We are planning to live together again next year since I will be moving with my partner. In the meantime would it be a problem for INZ to assess our case for us not living together even though we have all the evidences of photos and flight tickets etc?

It sounds as though you're doing everything that you should by keeping evidence of your contacts. There are a lot of people in the same situation as you who have got their visas all right - it's a fact of life that sometimes, one partner's work or study means they have to move around without the other. And yes, INZ will work your case regardless.

thanks JandM

As soon as you hear from INZ with an email saying your case has been allocated, let them know that you and your partner are now living in different cities but continue to maintain your relationship - and provide your CO with all the evidence you have gathered in the meantime. This sort of information is what you need to be telling INZ as soon as you have been assigned a CO, to avoid any issues with failing to tell INZ of changes that have happened since you lodged.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    As soon as you hear from INZ with an email saying your case has been allocated, let them know that you and your partner are now living in different cities but continue to maintain your relationship - and provide your CO with all the evidence you have gathered in the meantime. This sort of information is what you need to be telling INZ as soon as you have been assigned a CO, to avoid any issues with failing to tell INZ of changes that have happened since you lodged.
    Hi thanks for the tip, But we had mentioned in our cover letter anyways, so CO should be able to pick it up from there. If they require any further evidences we can send them.