Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ITA September 2018

Thank you. It sounds as though the system is not doing well.

Thank you EGoodhue for detailed information! Will wait patiently to hear further 🙏

Thank You Egoodhue for the update. I hope my prospective employer also waits patiently...

Hi EGoodhue,

Thanks for the update. Based on your former experience, do you have any idea about my situation? My case was returned to CO half month ago after the second person check with indication of further information check (something like that). But the CO neither contact me or my employer. I knew immigration has the internal procedure and each case is different, but this situation really upset me.
    JandM said it may be some information not from my side, but the case was kind of finished by the CO then send to 2PC. And half month passed, nothing update. Do you have any idea what is going on here? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    I've been in touch with the Manukau office of INZ today regarding one my client's SMC applications lodged on 7 September (I'm an LIA). The allocation queue is still very long and it seems the backlog is not getting cleared very quickly - they are currently allocating files lodged in late August to Immigration Officers and applications lodged in September are unlikely to be allocated to an Immigration Officer before mid-January.

I've also asked what ideas are being implemented to speed up the allocation timeframe (I used to be an Immigration Manager in an SMC team myself and a big part of my job was coming up with ways to allocate files faster) - when I hear back from the Immigration Manager about what they're doing about the delays, I'll post here again.
    Last edited by Ariel00; 14th December 2018 at 10:43 AM.

According to one of the Immigration Managers of the Manukau SMC team, a group of new staff are currently in training and another group of new staff are due to start their training in the New Year. Unfortunately it takes many months for a new Immigration Officer to get up to speed and begin processing applications quickly, so it's likely to mean that the backlog will remain for at least another few months. Be patient and don't be afraid to ask INZ for regular updates in the New Year as you have a right to know what's happening with your application.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel00 View Post
    Hi EGoodhue,

Thanks for the update. Based on your former experience, do you have any idea about my situation? My case was returned to CO half month ago after the second person check with indication of further information check (something like that). But the CO neither contact me or my employer. I knew immigration has the internal procedure and each case is different, but this situation really upset me.
    JandM said it may be some information not from my side, but the case was kind of finished by the CO then send to 2PC. And half month passed, nothing update. Do you have any idea what is going on here? Thank you.
    There must have been something that the second person either disagreed with about the Immigration Officer's decision or they noticed something that the Immigration Officer forgot to check. Two weeks seems like a long time without any updates from your Immigration Officer when you know the application is in the last stages - don't be afraid to ask your Immigration Officer for an update, you have a right to know what's happening.

Hi EGoodhue,
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply. We did send the email to my CO 2 weeks ago on the day we knew the case was back to his/her hand and tried to call him/her. Unfortunately, no response at all, which made me feel anxious...... And you do feel my pain, especially I knew it's in final stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    There must have been something that the second person either disagreed with about the Immigration Officer's decision or they noticed something that the Immigration Officer forgot to check. Two weeks seems like a long time without any updates from your Immigration Officer when you know the application is in the last stages - don't be afraid to ask your Immigration Officer for an update, you have a right to know what's happening.

Hi Guys ,

Any update on your application ? do you have CO ? for us the status is still application received no CO yet ..... Thanks

Hi Guys,

Finally, I have been assigned CO. My ITA was lodged on 03-Sep-2018.

Thanks for the update ozman750 this is great to hear! Look forward to more updates from people as COs get assigned. Lodged mine on 13 September so hopefully will hear within the next couple of weeks!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast