Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SMC allocation timeframes - Manukau branch

Default SMC allocation timeframes - Manukau branch

I thought this might be of interest to some - I have recently found out that the Manukau branch of INZ operate a 'priority allocation' system for some SMC applications that meet certain criteria. I discovered this after I lodged an SMC application for a client of mine in early September and another SMC application for a different client at the end of September, and the application lodged in late September got allocated to an Immigration Officer before the earlier one did!

The current criteria for 'priority allocation' is:
    • Salary is above the high remuneration threshold
    • Occupation is one that requires registration through a governing body and applicant holds current registration
    • Employer is a government department
    • Application is under the Residence from Work stream

If an SMC application lodged at Manukau meets one of the above criteria, it will be allocated within 1 month of lodgement. All other SMC applications are currently taking at least 3 months to allocate to an Immigration Officer at the moment - more staff have recently been employed so it's anticipated that the wait time will decrease early next year (but it does take a few months for a new Immigration Officer to get faster at processing and therefore have an effect on the length of the queue).

Thanks! That's a really usefull information!

Hey EGoodhue,thanks for the information. Seems like you know a lot!Do you know anything about the NSC time frame,is any certain criteria to follow?

Ok, that explains what I just experienced. I got a call out of the blue from my case officer today, and I just got my confirmation letter that my application had been lodged last Friday (with a lodgement date of 9th October). I'd been a bit concerned because it seemed so fast compared to everything else I was seeing. This explains it though -- Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by weidenba View Post
    Ok, that explains what I just experienced. I got a call out of the blue from my case officer today, and I just got my confirmation letter that my application had been lodged last Friday (with a lodgement date of 9th October). I'd been a bit concerned because it seemed so fast compared to everything else I was seeing. This explains it though -- Thanks for that!
    Lucky you! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cheyan34 View Post
    Hey EGoodhue,thanks for the information. Seems like you know a lot!Do you know anything about the NSC time frame,is any certain criteria to follow?
    I only know about NSC based on my previous experience working for INZ - it can take up to 6 months for an NSC result to come back and an Immigration Officer will only chase it up with the agency responsible for the NSC once 6 months has passed (this is the threshold for it to be deemed to have taken longer than usual). The criteria of who needs NSC is country-based....INZ has a restricted list of countries for whom citizens need NSC done.

Totally agree. Also I feel there is a queue of nationality. The people came from the country which has less applicants is very likely to get a co faster.

An applicant's nationality has no effect on how their application is processed. That would be against New Zealand Human Rights legislation. https://www.hrc.co.nz/your-rights/hu...n-rights-work/

I do not fall into the 4 category but i got CO in 1 month in Dec 2017. However i waited until late Apr 2018 to get stickers on my passport

I fall in to one of those criterias

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast