Thread: ITA - Documents Submitted

Default ITA - Documents Submitted

Good Day All

We have submitted our ITA documents. Sent by Courier. It was delivered to INZ on the 17 oct.

We have not received any email or no money has been deducted. How long does this process normally take?

I am worried, as it has been 2 weeks.

This is absolutely normal, and nothing to worry about. While your application has been delivered to the post room at INZ, where it would have been signed for, how soon it is opened, directed to the correct department, and action taken, depends on how busy the place is just at that time, as INZ always deal with things in date-order.

This is just the first step. Other people will tell you that having an application in to INZ has long periods of waiting and hearing nothing, but be assured, that doesn't mean that nothing is happening or that there is anything to be worried about. INZ is a huge government bureaucracy dealing with tens of thousands of cases at any one time, so most of the time that passes is spent by your file waiting and working its way up a queue for its next turn for an official's attention.

Thanks JandM

That helps alot.

What happens if the 4 month window passes, with the documents sitting at the mail room?

It won't. You will see signs of life without having to wait as long as that.

But if your money had not been taken when a month had passed, in your place I would phone the INZ call centre.

The standard that INZ try to work to is acknowledging the receipt of an SMC application within 3 days of it arriving in the mailroom, but this isn't usually the reality unfortunately, due to huge volumes of applications coming into the mailroom every day and not enough staff resources to process it. For SMC applications I have represented in the past, I have seen the timeframe from when an application was sent to when we received an acknowledgement letter range from 3 days to up to 3 weeks. It's frustrating but an unfortunate reality of a government department trying to manage huge volumes of work on a limited HR budget