Thread: Partnership residency application - Hamilton branch

Default Partnership residency application - Hamilton branch

Hey guys!

I submitted by residency application through the partnership category in September. Here’s my timeline so far:

25th September - Submitted application via courier
    1st October - email by immigration asking for a police certificate for me for England (I believed mine was still in date but it wasn’t, oops!)
    2nd October - sent proof I’d applied for my police certificate, and application officially lodged & appeared in my online services, and payment taken
    3rd October - email from immigration confirming my application is lodged and I have documents coming back (original docs and passport, plus a few pages I had to fill in with N/A & return)
    19th October - police certificate delivered to immigration
    31st October - email from my case officer in Hamilton introducing himself and letting me know my application is undergoing routine assessment/verification and that he’ll be back in touch when he’s finished his initial assessment.

Anyone else in the same boat?!

Cheers!

Yes,my wife applied for her partnership based residency visa on 17 july and got her Case Officer on 11 September . Her CO contacted few times in between for few documents. We have provided them and after 1 october we havent heard from her except for her email on 4th october saying she will contact if needed.

My partner applied for partnership based residency through the Auckland branch but because we live in Rotorua, it is being processed by the Hamilton branch.

Our application was sent very late January and accepted and payment taken early February. We are still awaiting to hear the outcome.

I would guess that my partner’s application would take longer to process than most though, as he has lived in multiple countries due to the nature of his previous work. This required significant time (and money!) to gain police clearances, so I daresay it would take INZ a significant period of time to go through the clearances and ensure they are happy with what they say.

Good luck to us all!

An update from my end - residency APPROVED!!

So happy! Took just short of 10 weeks from lodgement to approval. I’m one of the lucky ones 😁

Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by kaybee1661 View Post
    An update from my end - residency APPROVED!!

So happy! Took just short of 10 weeks from lodgement to approval. I’m one of the lucky ones 😁

Good luck everyone!
    Wonderful Holiday gift... congratulations!