Thread: Online upload sent off - add forgotten important file afterwards!?!

Default Online upload sent off - add forgotten important file afterwards!?!

Hey everyone

I recently applied for the partnership Residency from abroad, all documents sent off online.
    Now my kiwi husband just realised he would have needed to add another police certificate, as he
    didn't realize he spent 13 months in south africa, and only thought it was 10.
    We already attached the one from Germany and Canada, both where he has lived for more than a year.

Now what to do?
    He signed saying he truthfully and correctly attached everything needed from him, including all police certificates.

Will this be considered a lie and now a big problem?
    Can we attach it as additional upload afterwards, with an explanation that we are sorry and he made a mistake?
    There will be no entry so it should not matter as such.
    But we are massively worried now this might be taken the wrong way and will make my visa get declined.

Any experiences on how strict INZ is?
    thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by biem View Post
    Hey everyone

I recently applied for the partnership Residency from abroad, all documents sent off online.
    Now my kiwi husband just realised he would have needed to add another police certificate, as he
    We already attached the one from Germany and Canada, both where he has lived for more than a year.

Now what to do?
    He signed saying he truthfully and correctly attached everything needed from him, including all police certificates.

Can we attach it as additional upload afterwards, with an explanation that we are sorry and he made a mistake?
    But we are massively worried now this might be taken the wrong way and will make my visa get declined.

thank you very much!
    If you now have the SA Police certificate, then just upload it. if there's going to be a delay, upload a note saying that SA police certificate is required and you rationale, as above, e.g genuine miscalculation. It should not cause a major issue if you act quickly as above.

Quote Originally Posted by biem View Post
    Hey everyone

Now what to do?

thank you very much!

It can take upto 6 weeks to get a Police Clearance Certificate in South Africa, that’s how long I waited, had to phone every week to follow up