Thread: Education evidence for Essential skills visa (Level 5)

Default Education evidence for Essential skills visa (Level 5)

I'm just in the process of uploading all my evidence for an essential skills visa. One of the requirements for level 5 is compulsory secondary education. Since it has been years since I finished my compulsory education, I have no evidence from that. But I do have college and university certificates. Would I able to submit those as evidence?

I think the 'compulsory secondary education' is a minimum proof. You wouldn't have been able to go on to further and higher education if you hadn't first finished your schooling satisfactorily.

I got my family to forward me my university certificate but what they have sent me says " European diploma supplement" . I am not entirely sure if this is the official diploma and if not would I still be able to submit it?

I've never heard of that.

I think the kind of university qualification which would show (sort of incidentally) that you must have finished your schooling correctly would be your first degree, since you wouldn't have been admitted to the university without being able to show that you had the proper school-leaving exam results.

yeah i understand that but I can't see to find the official certificate just the diploma supplement

"The diploma supplement, a document attached to all degree certificates, provides a description of the nature, level/cycle, context, content, scope and status of the education that were successfully completed by the individual named on the degree certificate"

Well, in the short term, you can try, I suppose.

If it doesn't work out, you could try writing to your university's registry, and asking them to find your original entry records, which must have shown what school leaving qualifications you arrived with.

Also, I don't know what country you originally came from, but I can tell you that in the UK, when I wanted to do a higher degree as a mature student and needed to know some details of my school education, I discovered that, 35 years on, the County Education Authority still had records of my teenage self.

I managed to get my original in the end. I submitted my application.

What happens if you are still waiting to get allocated a co and your current visa expires ?

As long as you have applied for a visa while your previous one was still valid, INZ can issue you an Interim visa to keep you legally in NZ while the processing is being finished. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a/interim-visa