Thread: EOI credibility check

Default EOI credibility check

Hi everyone!

This is my second time lodging for EOI and I am very disappointed with how they evaluating EOI:

First round I claim for my master degree to be exempted from evaluation as the name and university both was in the list. I even received my ITA which means the credibility check was successful. For some reason I couldn't manage to submit my application within the time-frame and I was advice to lodge a new EOI. This round the same qualification has found not in the list ( there is a name Research* ) this name was the same I lodged last time!!!!

Now there are two issues I am concern:

Is that really this credibility check to find an excuse to return you in the pool or they following some rule and in-structure. How the previus officer couldn't advice me in time so I can be more prepared for this round? If I knew I could add that qualification into my list and have saved NZD120 leave alone the time saved for each time you are not selected*

When I replied this to the officer, she came back saying I can call the INZ and they are not handling immigration advice.

So disappointed.

I understand your disappointment, and sympathise, but unfortunately, this is nobody's fault.

The INZ list of qualifications exempt from assessment does not stay the same, but is updated periodically, and some foreign degrees get removed (for various reasons, for instance, if a NZ institution stops running a course which had very similar content, and/or if NZ employers advising INZ state that that skill-set is not now so applicable to the NZ job-market).

The previous officer could not tell you about something that hadn't happened yet - s/he would have been working from the list THEN in force, and could not know what would or would not be changed after consultation that happened in a government/business committee right away from INZ.

The present officer isn't allowed to tell people what to do - she has to follow her job description.

It sounds as though you may well be able to proceed by getting your qualification assessed by NZQA for the IQA. https://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificati...ns-assessment/ (Don't use the PAR for the EOI, which is a waste of money, because you still need the IQA when your submit the ITA.)

Thanks for your reply.

In my case, the list has not changes at all. It seems that the previous officer did not see any mistake in my EOI. I have gone through updated items sent by INZ, however I couldn't see my university there so it more look like their mistake.

I have already request for IQA full details already. figures crossed!