Thread: Permanent Residence Application

Default Permanent Residence Application

Hi all,

Been quite a while since I have used this forum, my partner and I have gone threw a few partnership based visa applications over the last couple of years from started with a limited visa right up to a residence visa.

Now that she is coming to the end of her 2 years of travel conditions she will be applying for permanent residence, my question is, does she have to apply after the 2 years of travel conditions or can she apply about a week or so early? her travel conditions expire in about a week, which is ok because she is in the country and will be for the foreseeable future.

She has meet the requirement of being in the country for 50% of both of the two years which I understand is the only requirement, well the one that best suits us anyway, so she just needs to send her application form and passport as far as I am aware?

Thanks!

other conditions are -
    have held your resident visa for at least two years, and
    have met any conditions of your Resident Visa, and
    have shown a commitment to New Zealand in one of the five ways that meet our requirements.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident

no, you cant apply earlier than the 2 year anniversary of the issue of residence. Its only the travel conditions that expire. She remains lawfully a resident while she remains in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    no, you cant apply earlier than the 2 year anniversary of the issue of residence.
    Thanks Chriss, we will wait until after the two year anniversary, then its just a case of sending the application form with her passport I guess?

Have a look at the INZ web page here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria, and the other tabs, like 'Process' and 'Fees and Receiving Centre'. It spells out exactly what you need to do.