Thread: Eligibility for Student Loan/ study assistance

Default Eligibility for Student Loan/ study assistance

Hello everyone,

On September 2013, my family and I landed in Auckland as Residence, and 2 years later after living there for 2 years we had been granted as Permanent Resident. Due to not able to finding suitable jobs according to our qualification, we decided to return to our home country in November 2015.

Recently, I am thinking to send my daughter to study in one of the universities in NZ. I would like to find out whether my daughter is eligible to get any study loan or study assistance from the government of NZ?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I have tried to find answers from online or past thread, but none of them discuss this issue specifically.
    Last edited by arban; 21st November 2018 at 08:34 PM.

Every university will have a department responsible for admissions (the contact details will be on their websites), and they will be able to tell you about eligibility for grants in your daughter's particular circumstances.

She would not qualify for any assistance through StudyLink, as she has been absent from the country for so long. As per their website, she would need to "have been living in New Zealand for at least 3 years while holding a residence class visa." You can read for yourself here.

Serious? Talk about milking the system.

Thanks everyone especially @JandM for your answers, I will share my findings here once I receive any feedback from the universities.