Thread: Approval in Principle

Default Approval in Principle

Hello !

I got some good news today, well at least I think. Can someone please explain to me what Approval in Principle means. I just got an email stating, "Congratulations on being approved your residence application in principle." The letter requested my daughters passport so it can be scanned. We followed their instructions and sent it immediately. Does this mean we have been approved and they just needed her passport ? How long does it take to get the official approval ? Does it come by email too ?

Thanks for any help you can provide =)

Does this mean we have been approved and they just needed her passport ?
    Yes.
    They now issue eVisas, so she will have a letter she has to carry with her passport at all times (as well as its being on record in the INZ computer). After she's got that, if she would rather have a label in her passport, she can apply for it separately.

As with everything else, INZ deals with this bit of the process after a date-order queue, so how long it will take depends on how busy that department happens to be, and how many get there just before hers. I think someone was saying recently theirs had been three or four weeks, but it CAN be much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes.
    They now issue eVisas, so she will have a letter she has to carry with her passport at all times (as well as its being on record in the INZ computer). After she's got that, if she would rather have a label in her passport, she can apply for it separately.

As with everything else, INZ deals with this bit of the process after a date-order queue, so how long it will take depends on how busy that department happens to be, and how many get there just before hers. I think someone was saying recently theirs had been three or four weeks, but it CAN be much quicker.

Woop Woop !!! Great News !!! Thanks for responding so quickly. I do have a question though, my daughter is currently in the States because her visa expired before this application went through. The office in Washington DC where she is supposed to sent it to, told her that it takes 2 to 3 days to process the passport. Is the 3 to 4 weeks you spoke of in addition to that or is it different because she is in the States ? Thanks again =)

It means your daughter passport will be sent back in 2-3 days but to get her evisa in your email will take 1-4 weeks

Thank you, sameer456.

Thank you JandM and sameer456 =) I can't believe it finally happened. It feels like I have been waiting for ever =P

Just in case, anybody would like to know, the following is my timeline:

Application Received April 20th, 2018

Charged my Credit Card May 10th, 2018

Received my application
    and Client number May 18th. 2018

Case Officer Assigned May 28th, 2018

Assessing July 27th, 2018

AIP received by email on November 22nd, 2018

I will update when I get my Evisa.

Congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    Congrats!!!
    Thank you Thank you !!!!

As promised, just an update. I got my official by email on November 29th, 2018 !!! YAY !!!!!