Thread: Work experience requirement - LTSSL work to Residence

Default Work experience requirement - LTSSL work to Residence

(Posting on behalf of my friend)

I am applying for LTSSL work visa and I do meet qualification requirement assessed by NZQA on the basis of LTSSL.
    I am applying under Electronics engineering technician. My query is I have overall experience in electronics for 4 years out of which for 2.5 years my position was electronics assembler and for now I am working as electronics technician for 1.5 years, so my question is do I qualify for work experience requirement for LTSSL work visa.

Is there someone in this career who can comment, please?

The LTSSL doesn't specify the occupation the work experience needs to be in, it just says "a minimum of three years’ work experience AND a minimum of 12 months' relevant post-qualification work experience in the last 18 months". If you can justify that both roles were relevant to the qualification and you did that work in the last 18 months, I would say it meets the LTSSL.

Hi Erin

My partner got his post study work visa approved on 17th July 2017.

Before that he was working part-time at Grocery store and after his post study work visa approval he started working full hours(contract remained unchanged but hours were more 30per week)

Meanwhile , he was hunting for jobs he could finally make in Relevant job and started to work with them from 11 September 2017 to January ,2019.

From February 2019 he is employed in his current role(relevant too)

17 July 2017 to 8 September 2017-Grocery store

11 September 2017 to January 2019-Relevant job fulltime.

4 February 2019 to present day-Relevant job fulltime.

We believe that above experience will sum up to 3 years on 17th July 2020.

Do you think he can apply for LTSSL W2R.

He already has his NZQA for his degree and he is claiming for ICT customer support officer.

Thank you.

A LTSSL work visa - a work to residence visa - doesn't need a set amount of time in a relevant job. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria

A LTSSL resident visa - a residence from work visa - requires the applicant to have held an LTSSL work visa for at least 24 months. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria That is, it's not only that the applicant must have had a suitable job for that length of time, but that also, he must have done so on that particular kind of visa, in order to qualify for the next one.

Thank you JandM

@squishmaster did your partner apply for LTSSL work visa yet?