Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Online Submission

Question Question about Online Submission

In 2 weeks me and my partner are going to apply for Partner of New Zealand Work visa. I have some few questions tho base on the information here.

1. On the Website. It was stated that all documents are on PDF and JPG for face photo. Does that mean that the our photos(which is a lot) should be put on a PDF format?

2. On the statement on INZ website it says "Each document you upload must be a single file. For example, if your bank statement is four pages it must be uploaded as one single file and not four separate files". Say we have exceeded the 10mb limit for a single file for our "Photos together" in NZ. Are we then not allowed to upload more than 1 photos together on PDF format? Cause we have a lot of pictures together here in NZ and I am afraid that even if we put that on PDF document, we will exceed the 10mb limit. We also have pictures(which is also a lot) of our initial application for visitor's visa. I am a bit confused and struggling on how are we going to structure this "Photos together".

3. Is it better to apply online or paper base? For people who applied online, what are your experience?

Applying online is nice but we are still not sure on how to present our proofs online especially on the 10mb limit. We would not have a problem on paper base but it is much more expensive. Me and my partner still are 50/50 on applying online.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by skadsuh View Post
    In 2 weeks me and my partner are going to apply for Partner of New Zealand Work visa. I have some few questions tho base on the information here.

1. On the Website. It was stated that all documents are on PDF and JPG for face photo. Does that mean that the our photos(which is a lot) should be put on a PDF format?

2. On the statement on INZ website it says "Each document you upload must be a single file. For example, if your bank statement is four pages it must be uploaded as one single file and not four separate files". Say we have exceeded the 10mb limit for a single file for our "Photos together" in NZ. Are we then not allowed to upload more than 1 photos together on PDF format? Cause we have a lot of pictures together here in NZ and I am afraid that even if we put that on PDF document, we will exceed the 10mb limit. We also have pictures(which is also a lot) of our initial application for visitor's visa. I am a bit confused and struggling on how are we going to structure this "Photos together".

3. Is it better to apply online or paper base? For people who applied online, what are your experience?

Applying online is nice but we are still not sure on how to present our proofs online especially on the 10mb limit. We would not have a problem on paper base but it is much more expensive. Me and my partner still are 50/50 on applying online.

Thanks.
    Everything except your passport photo must be uploaded in .pdf format. ( so ,yes, your relationship photos need to be converted to pdf.)

You don't need to submit every photo you have ever taken of you together. Normally 8-10 photos taken in a variety of settings will suffice. Try to minimise the document, but if the file exceeds the 10mb limit, then you can upload some additional files, under the "other information" heading. You should get 4 or 5 photos on an A4 page, if they have been printed and scanned as a pdf.

What they don't want is an individual file, for every page of every document.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Everything except your passport photo must be uploaded in .pdf format. ( so ,yes, your relationship photos need to be converted to pdf.)

You don't need to submit every photo you have ever taken of you together. Normally 8-10 photos taken in a variety of settings will suffice. Try to minimise the document, but if the file exceeds the 10mb limit, then you can upload some additional files, under the "other information" heading. You should get 4 or 5 photos on an A4 page, if they have been printed and scanned as a pdf.

What they don't want is an individual file, for every page of every document.
    Hi, Thanks for replying.

How about the passport? Don't they need a physical passport to get physical label of visa? If we submitted online, is this something we can request on our CO?

An online application (with pdf of passport being uploaded) will result in an e-visa being issued.
    If INZ have already previously seem your passport then you wont need to mail the original to them.

If you want a visa label, you will need to make an application for that after the visa is granted and pay the required fee for "label transfer"

You might find it useful to reduce the file sizes of your photos before putting them into the pdf document. I found the automatic settings for reducing file size of a pdf usually do a horrible job at compressing photos. There are many web utilities such as this one for batch processing your jpgs. ​https://compressjpeg.com/

In MacOS there is an easy option to reduce the file size which helped a lot with my partner's application. It meant we could upload everything we had collected (which was a lot) including photos. We managed to get 106 photos into one document less than 10 MB. We used this option for all the other stuff we had collected too and it worked perfectly. I assume a similar option exists in other operating systems.

Quote Originally Posted by mainlandgay View Post
    In MacOS there is an easy option to reduce the file size which helped a lot with my partner's application. It meant we could upload everything we had collected (which was a lot) including photos. We managed to get 106 photos into one document less than 10 MB. We used this option for all the other stuff we had collected too and it worked perfectly. I assume a similar option exists in other operating systems.
    Hi, I am using mac. Could you tell me how to do this?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    You might find it useful to reduce the file sizes of your photos before putting them into the pdf document. I found the automatic settings for reducing file size of a pdf usually do a horrible job at compressing photos. There are many web utilities such as this one for batch processing your jpgs. ​https://compressjpeg.com/
    Thanks for the website and about the compressing photos. I don't know that reducing file size in PDF is horrible.

In Mac - open the PDF in Preview, click on the file menu, then export. Select PDF as the export format and "reduce file size" as the quartz filter. It'll look like this.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.13.01 PM.jpg

After that save the file and your file will be reduced!

Quote Originally Posted by mainlandgay View Post
    In Mac - open the PDF in Preview, click on the file menu, then export. Select PDF as the export format and "reduce file size" as the quartz filter. It'll look like this.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.13.01 PM.jpg

After that save the file and your file will be reduced!
    Yes, but make sure to open the resulting pdf afterwards and check that your photos still look ok! In my experience, the quartz filter compresses images so drastically that the document is no longer acceptable. I had to learn to make my own quartz filter, which seems a bit ridiculous on a Mac where things are supposed to "just work" but here is the tutorial:
    https://www.cultofmac.com/481247/shr...rsync-utility/

But first! Make sure you aren't including too much evidence in your pdf file. The SMC application only asks for 6 photos to prove your partnership. Financial statements likely only need the first page showing your names, address, and account details. You do not need a GIANT document. This is your first step to help get you under 10MB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast