Thread: Error uploading pdf for online application

Default Error uploading pdf for online application

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to upload the evidence of a genuine and stable relationship - the pdf is 2.2MB so well below the 10MB maximum as per the guidelines. I’ve tried reducing it, took out a hyperlink (to relevant social media profile) etc but it’s still not working. Any ideas, please?

For the record, I found the whole process of copying & pasting (seeing I don’t have rights to edit a pdf) into Word and then saving it as one pdf document very odd - slightly paranoid and therefore have included a sentence to say that scanned copies of everything can be provided separately if required...

Thank you and have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by BananaFace View Post
    Hi all,

I’ve been trying to upload the evidence of a genuine and stable relationship - the pdf is 2.2MB so well below the 10MB maximum as per the guidelines. I’ve tried reducing it, took out a hyperlink (to relevant social media profile) etc but it’s still not working. Any ideas, please?

For the record, I found the whole process of copying & pasting (seeing I don’t have rights to edit a pdf) into Word and then saving it as one pdf document very odd - slightly paranoid and therefore have included a sentence to say that scanned copies of everything can be provided separately if required...

Thank you and have a great day!
    are you getting an error message , or is it just freezing(quite common) Try again soon.

hi bananaface, im not sure about this, but im also trying to check my applications online - and i cant go through.

im under the impression the whole system is down?

Hi!
    No, it was an actual error message. I then tried to upload a different pdf document (considerably smaller) and that was fine. As I mentioned above, the one with the evidence of stable relationship is 2.2MB as it includes screenshots of scanned documents. How have you put your evidence together?

Not sure what to do but to take out some pieces of evidence, butt that then goes against advice online for you to submit as much as possible...

INZ website has been very unstable this morning,...that might be the issue?

Just to say that it took extensive tweaking, saving / recreating files and many failed attempts to upload, but I got there in the end! Sheer perseverance...I hope it’s not an indication of what’s to come ;-)

Have a great day all!

Quote Originally Posted by BananaFace View Post
    Just to say that it took extensive tweaking, saving / recreating files and many failed attempts to upload, but I got there in the end! Sheer perseverance...I hope it’s not an indication of what’s to come ;-)

Have a great day all!
    I suspect the issue may have been that you were trying to do this at the time that the Silver fern visa applications opened. I suspect that caused the system to crash at least in part.

Ditto - had multiple error messages during Nov-Dec when trying to upload docs. I also tried using different browsers (Safari and Chrome), but still would get 'kicked out'. The system didn't like it when I had to upload more than 3 documents in a row. What a patience test