Thread: Silver Fern Job Search Visa November 2018

Default Silver Fern Job Search Visa November 2018

Did anyone get success in submitting the application for SF JSV opened today 29th November 2018 at 10am NZDT? Please share your experience.

This will reopen on 6th December 2018 at 10am NZT.

I tried it.. At 10:02 the page finally managed to load, but it gave conflicting information. The bar that is now orange then was blue and said "Open", but underneath it it said there were no available spaces. Refreshed for another hour or two but nothing changed so I gave up.

@Lucky, how do you know it's gonna re-open again?

It says so on the INZ fact sheet for this visa. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...arch-work-visa

We had similar problems with the application. At 09:57 it took several seconds to reload the page and at 10:00 it did not load at all. Either the browser said “This site can’t be reached” or “Sorry, we’re experiencing technical problems…” And at 10:27 the page finally loaded properly. But at this time it already said “Quota filled”.
    So let’s try it again in 24h.

Let's try again on 6th December 2018 at 10am (NZT) and share the comments here about the experience. Good luck!

I tried to fill this for my friend today. Was able to fill all the details, only to realize the payment option was disabled. Poor chap , this was his third attempt since 2016.

The quota gets filled very quickly. Better luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by sai-khanapur View Post
    I tried to fill this for my friend today. Was able to fill all the details, only to realize the payment option was disabled. Poor chap , this was his third attempt since 2016.
    It may be worth his while to try again in a little while.

Everyone has to apply online, giving all details of themself and their qualifications and experience (if any), and paying by card. The first 300 people to do this, and who appear to qualify, are told they have a place, then there is a time limit given for them to submit proof. Of course, if they do not reply in time, or they turn out not to be properly qualified after all, they do not get a visa, and this place in the quota becomes available again. (Therefore, even if someone does not get one of the 300 places on the day, it can be worth their time to go back to the Silver Fern page a few weeks/months later, even though the page MAY say that there are no places available, and try to apply - several forum members have done this, and got one of these 'second chance' places.)