Thread: Essential skills work visa

Default Essential skills work visa

Dear all, I just need an opinion on the following matter;
    I am on a partnership based work visa (my husband is on essential skills work visa) and started working for a pharmaceutical company in a skill level 1 job. My husband wants to change his job but unfortunately, he needs to find a job with similar requirements because of the nature of his visa. My company is willing to provide and help me with an essential skills visa and they recruited me through a recruitment consultancy firm.
    I 've already submitted an EOI and it got selected just this week and waiting for ITA. My questions are;
    1. should i wait for the ITA and apply for SMC and Essential Skills at the same time?
    2. Should I go for the Essential Skills first before applying any of the above-mentioned pathways?
    3. Also, I was recruited based on my open work visa and while on the job, is there a possibility to submit an essential skills work visa application, especially proving that there was no NZ citizen or a Resident to hold the job.
    4. I was told by the recruitment consultant that my company is an accredited employer and I can apply for the talent work visa, but when I did the search on INZ, I couldn't find anything. Is there another list for accredited employers?
    My job title is Analytical Chemist and doesn't appear on the long-term skills shortage list.

Thanks very much

4. Employers can choose whether or not to appear on the online list of accredited employers. Quite a lot of businesses prefer NOT to be on there, so as not to get stacks of job applications from foreigners, even when they aren't advertising for staff. The only way to know if your employer is indeed accredited is to ask him/the management.

All your other questions. It is perfectly legal to apply for another, different, work visa while you are already in a job on your open work visa.

Notice here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria, under the heading Availability of New Zealanders.
    You are applying to continue working in the role you currently hold and have been invited to apply, or have applied, for a Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa based on your current employment.
    This means that your employer does NOT have to supply evidence of having tried to recruit anyone else for your job, in order for you to apply for an Essential Skills Work Visa.

Thanks very much for the reply. I submitted my Talent work visa today as my employer is accredited. I just have one more question. My husband will be applying for the work visa based on our relationship and he is on an essential work visa at the moment. When he was filling the application form online, he was asked to upload evidence of financial support; 1. 6 months bank statements 2. sponsorship or a person supporting. He is already working in NZ, and I want to know if there should be a certain amount in the bank account or financial evidence not needed at all. Also, I would like to ask if I could provide my bank statements for his application because my salary is higher than him.

Thank you

You need to go through the motions as the forms ask, so the CO will be able to tick the boxes easily.

Looking at the INZ factsheet https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...lders#criteria, under Funds or sponsorship
    You must provide evidence for 1 of the following:

a salary that supports you for the length of your stay
    that your employer can support you for the length of your stay
    that you have enough funds to support you for the length of your stay
    a Sponsorship Form for Temporary Entry completed by an acceptable sponsor.

Sponsorship

Sponsorship Form for Temporary Entry (INZ 1025) PDF 283KB

Evidence can include:

cash
    New Zealand bank accounts showing the current balance
    travellers' cheques
    bank drafts
    recognised credit cards with sufficient credit available
    for group visas, certification from a reputable travel agency.

If you are pregnant, there are additional requirements