Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limited or General medical certificate?

So far, so good!

Medicals, upon arrival with INZ, are scanned by computer at first, and are automatically referred to be looked at by humans if there is anything marked as abnormal, or if anything in them is outside the programmed in 'normal' ranges. If the first human sees that the 'abnormal' is something that doesn't matter, like a reading of 0.001 beyond the range of some test, it goes no further, but if there is a real question-mark, the medical goes on to an MA, who may require more tests and a doctor's report.

Ahh ok makes sense. The only thing that was out of the normal ranges was the MCH which was 26.3 and the range is 27 - 33 so nothing major! it does have an L next to it so I guess they'll pick up on that. Google seems to tell us it can be due to low iron so not hard to fix lol. If it was high then she'd have to worry as it said that can be cancers, liver disease etc! everything else was in the perfect range which is such a huge relief

Quote Originally Posted by kez13 View Post
    but I'm assuming it will be immigration that might request the extra tests when they see her weight/BMI??
    That is correct. Once INZ has the medical results and has assessed them, they will let you know what further testing is required, if any.

If it helps you feel better, I have a friend who had a very high BMI when he applied for his partner work visa, and got it with no problem. He wasn't declined until he applied for the residence visa. He was issued another work visa, and reapplied once he had lost weight. His second residence application was successful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12