Thread: 2PC return to CO, is it normal?

Default 2PC return to CO, is it normal?

Dear all,

My ITA lodged around late May and was under second person check for 2 weeks. I was waiting for AIP but unfortunately, my case got back to the CO again as they said required further review and information check. As far as I knew, my case came back to the CO last week but she/he didn't contact me yet. I am worried about it. I feel this procedure is not quite normal, I did'n hear any like this before. Is it possible to know what kind of information they need to recheck? Thank you.

This is a perfectly normal thing to happen.

The 2pc's job is to look through what the CO has done on a case, checking for errors and omissions. When the 2pc finds something in the file that the CO hasn't done quite correctly, or quite fully enough, s/he has to send it back to the CO to be put right, then it goes back for a further check from the 2pc.

It's not possible to know exactly what wasn't right on your case the first time round, unless the CO tells you, and they won't if it isn't information or more evidence from you that they need. The fact that your CO hasn't contacted YOU tends to make me think that whatever it was wasn't anything to do with your evidence. Possibly the CO hadn't completed some of the paperwork correctly, in which case it would all be down to her/him to put right in the office. Otherwise, it could be something to do with a third party whose evidence needed to be verified by contacting them, maybe for a second time to confirm some detail, or for the first time if the CO had missed them out. Or else there could be something to do with your employer's business that needs to be looked at.

Thank you, JandM. Then I can only wait and fingers crossed.