Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help on Partnership Residence visa application please

Default Help on Partnership Residence visa application please

good day everyone,

I have submitted my Residence application nearly 3 months ago and haven't receive any update since then. just today I got an email which says;

''Relationship Evidence

As per the information on file, you have provided evidence of partnership. However, Immigration Instructions state that a couple must be in a genuine and stable relationship and living together in such a partnership for at least 12 months. The provided documents are not certified copies therefore not accepted, please provide certified copies of all supporting relationship documentation including the following''

The listed documents in the immigration email are our joint bills which we receive weekly via email. Please how can i certify this? JP needs to see original copy to be able to certify any documents.

Secondly please i need a better understanding of this statement [ My wife is older than me but we never have any issue about that. Both families supported us amd we love each other...we've been together for over 5 yrs and married for over 2years].

Relationship Chronology – Please provide clarification on age gap and Cultural Differences between you and your partner and if this causes any barriers in your relationship.

Thanks

Here's the answer that I was given by my CO regarding the electronic statements:
    'If evidence is an online statement or bill please attach the email from the bill provider or supplier which the bill was attached to and/or a screen shot or printout showing access to the online account if it is not clear that it is an online bill'

I've submitted a bunch of statements for the utility bills that my partner receives which were accepted via email (and a bunch of other stuff). What you need to do is to save the email in a form of pdf. This way, It will be clear that this is an email as well as who it is from and when it was sent/forwarded etc.
    For bank statements, I have just submitted PDF statements exported from the bank account and they were also accepted.
    I've had 3 Case officers for my residency application and all of them were very helpful in explaining things like that. So I would start from asking your CO the same question you're asking here.

I am not sure about the age gap but my partner is 7 years older than me and we were never questioned on this. Although, we are from the same, relatively western culture. If you are from very different cultures eg western vs Asian they might want to understand that you work together as a family, despite your cultural differences (like do you talk to each other families, do you share the same religion etc.) as it seems understandable like some people from opposite cultures could struggle to live as a family unit. With INZ, provide them as much info as you can on your daily routines, how you've met, things you went through together etc. I've probably given INZ more info about our relationship than I gave to my friends. Cover letters are great, I wrote them for each of my partnership applications.
    Have you provided your relationship timeline? For both of my work visa applications & residency application, I've written a timeline with at least a few sentences for every month that we were in the relationships. I've described things like ''in July we moved housed and started this'' ''in this month I have started looking for a new job and my partner was helping me with...'' ''that month we went for a weekend away and visited friends in this place'' ''this month we took a holiday and bought a new car'' etc.

Hope any of this helps, good luck!

Thanks so much for your time. I have email the CO to ask the same question. I have submitted a timeline letter of our relationship and I believe the CO was asking to know how we handle the cultural differences as we are both from different continents. I have always had to explain that to my previous CO too.
    But as this is a residence application, I just wanna be sure I’m doing the right thing.

Thanks again I will wait for the CO answer and go from there then.

Thanks so much for this thread!

My partner work visa application is currently under medical assessment, but thanks to this thread, I've also had my utility bill statements and home-loan statements certified and verified, and re-uploaded them as additional evidence of living together. Hopefully the CO won't need a comeback on those. I've also provided a timeline of our relationship as well as photos showing us together going back YEARS. And to show a genuine relationship I uploaded certified copies of our marriage certificate and two birth certificates for our kids - AS WELL AS - a letter from our close friends stating that they've known us since 2004 and that we are nice people

Honestly, there's nothing more we can provide to give evidence.

Though it often strikes people as odd and a bit shocking (sorry), marriage and birth certificates don't carry a lot of weight in proving a relationship to INZ. The COs are looking for evidence that a couple have been and are living together consistently over a period of time, and when you come right down to it, thinking harshly, the marriage certificate proves that those two people were in the same church or office on that ONE day, and each child is engendered at one encounter, not necessarily at home. Three certificates = three half-hours together proved for officialdom.

Another thing that I've learnt from my new CO recently is that in the work visa applications, copies of evidence are acceptable but when it comes to residency application, it has to be originals/certified copies. This has never crossed my mind as I've always submitted hard copies (=originals) until I had to send some new evidence 9 months into my residency application.

And yes, marriage means nothing. I and my partner are planning a life together but we have no intentions of getting married, at least while in NZ, as there is no difference between long-term partnership and marriage in NZ legislation. It's only fair that people who went to a council building and signed a piece of paper don't get more benefits solely on that fact.

Yes you’re right.... for my work visa, they accepted just copies of most of my evidence..... but now for residency, they want every damn thing certified...... it’s stressful .......... Every mail received at our address need to be certify.....

I talked to one of the JP and she said she can certify the bills ( power and internet) if I can open them up for her to view my email.... now I’m just putting them all in one folder so I can show the JP.

Already certify around 40 papers this week.... tomorrow is another day...as I have been asked to submit before next Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglekiwi View Post
    Yes you’re right.... for my work visa, they accepted just copies of most of my evidence..... but now for residency, they want every damn thing certified...... it’s stressful .......... Every mail received at our address need to be certify.....

I talked to one of the JP and she said she can certify the bills ( power and internet) if I can open them up for her to view my email.... now I’m just putting them all in one folder so I can show the JP.

Already certify around 40 papers this week.... tomorrow is another day...as I have been asked to submit before next Wednesday.
    Hm, that just sounds like a lot of hassle! Can't you submit the original hardcopies via mail + and for the e-statements just show that it's sitting in your email like I've mentioned before?
    That's what I've done (as instructed by CO) and it's all been accepted.
    Last edited by ankirs; 7th December 2018 at 02:47 PM. Reason: added a sentence

I have emailed my case officer to hear her opinion but she hasn’t reply..,.im thinking of printing the email as it is showing the origin of each email

Hi

I had to go through this issue of 'certification' of electronic copies of bills etc recently myself. I was fortunate in that our local public library has a JP come in about 3 times a week. What I did was to 'open' the document in front of them (ie login to my bank for example for online banking) and show then the 'original' on the screen. they then compared that with the printout i'd done earlier and they 'witnessed' that this was a 'true copy' of my bank statement from website www.xxxbank ...... So you *might* want to lookup your local library and see if they offer a similar service (or your local citizens advice people)

HTH

Adrian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast