Thread: permanent resident sticker

Default permanent resident sticker

My 2 years resident time is slowly approaching. i will apply permanent resident next month. As immigration is issuing e-visas only but obviously you can apply for sticker. my question is can i apply for the sticker at the same time when i will apply for the permanent resident?

Apparently not. It says here "after your visa is granted", so it looks as though you have to have received the eVisa first. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...icker-passport

Thank you JandM

anyone please share your experience if you have any regarding this?thank you

eVisas for PR and residence are only very recent, so there won't be many people who have applied for them yet.

I just did this last month, with the aid of my immigration adviser. I completed both the INZ1176 (PR application) and INZ1023 (application for sticker), including the payment information on each. He sent them in together with my passport. INZ completed the PR application first, then processed the sticker request.

I would contact INZ to find out if you can do this, and where to send the applications. They are very helpful.

Thank you - that's helpful to know.