Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essential Skill Work Visa - Waiting for Approval

Default Essential Skill Work Visa - Waiting for Approval

Hi Everyone,

I had submitted my Essential Skill Work Visa Application online on 28th September along with my dependents visa applications. Skill Level is 1. Today is 75th day and haven't heard anything from them yet. Tried calling them a couple of times and i get an answer that its in Progress. Currently on the immigration website its mentioned that 90% of the applications are completed within 73 days. They contacted my employer in Mid November asking if the Job offer is still valid and my employer responded positive.

My questions are
    1) if anybody is in the same situation.
    2) Will the medicals be already evaluated for my husband, myself and child?
    3) Where will my e-visa be available once its approved?
    Last edited by sama21; 12th December 2018 at 10:46 PM.

2) Probably. We're nothing official, and nobody could tell you for certain unless they were standing in the INZ office at your CO's shoulder.

Medicals are scanned by computer at first, and are automatically referred to be looked at by humans if there is anything marked as abnormal. This happens when they first arrive with INZ. If the first human sees that the 'abnormal' is something that doesn't matter, like a reading of 0.001 beyond the range of some test, it goes no further, but if there is a real question-mark, the medical goes on to an MA, who may require more tests and a doctor's report. If this had happened with any of your family's, you would most likely have heard before now. In general, no news is good news.

3) A letter saying you have an eVisa is sent to you - this has to be carefully kept with your passport. Having an eVisa really just means that you are on record in the INZ computer as having the visa, and that can be checked by computer by those who need to know from anywhere in the world.

Thanks for a quick response JandM. Really appreciate.
    I am just counting days as its taking so long.
    One more question is that because they have contacted my employer, this means that the CO is already assigned right?

Yes - contacting your employer is part of the verifying of your case which is done by the CO.

@JandM, As already 76 days have passed for my application, and the holiday time is near, (Christmas and New year). Is there any possibility that the application processing will be delayed beyond 90 days for essential visa. Currently website shows maximum time as 86 days.

Also, is the high commission closed for many days during the holiday time for long duration?
    If you have any idea about this information please help.

I assume you're looking here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...sa-application If that's it, notice that it says 95% of applications are completed within 86 days, and that's different from saying that it's a maximum - INZ never set a limit on themselves, because every case is dealt with individually. The CO verifies everything stated by the applicant and by the employer, often by getting responses from third parties, who don't necessarily find it urgent to reply quickly to the questions asked. Also, no timing given by INZ, either on a web-page or by one of their officers, is EVER a promise, only their best guess at the time, based on recent averages.

So yes, for that reason and because the holiday season is approaching, it IS possible that your application could take longer.

I understand that you're very keen to know what is going on, and particularly, to get your visa. In your place, I would be thinking about doing two things. I would write an email to the CO (or to INZ with all your application details to get it to the right person, if you don't have a contact email for the CO), pointing out the length of time it is since you applied, and since the contact with your employer, and asking if there is any further evidence or information you can provide to help him/her advance your case. And I would phone INZ again, to see what they can tell you now about the stage things are at.

If your processing time goes on beyond anything mentioned, you can complain https://www.immigration.govt.nz/cont...aint-about-inz, which goes to the branch manager in the first instance, and draws his/her attention to the fact that you have a problem.

Holiday closing. http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/public_holidays.html

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I assume you're looking here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...sa-application If that's it, notice that it says 95% of applications are completed within 86 days, and that's different from saying that it's a maximum - INZ never set a limit on themselves, because every case is dealt with individually. The CO verifies everything stated by the applicant and by the employer, often by getting responses from third parties, who don't necessarily find it urgent to reply quickly to the questions asked. Also, no timing given by INZ, either on a web-page or by one of their officers, is EVER a promise, only their best guess at the time, based on recent averages.

So yes, for that reason and because the holiday season is approaching, it IS possible that your application could take longer.

I understand that you're very keen to know what is going on, and particularly, to get your visa. In your place, I would be thinking about doing two things. I would write an email to the CO (or to INZ with all your application details to get it to the right person, if you don't have a contact email for the CO), pointing out the length of time it is since you applied, and since the contact with your employer, and asking if there is any further evidence or information you can provide to help him/her advance your case. And I would phone INZ again, to see what they can tell you now about the stage things are at.

If your processing time goes on beyond anything mentioned, you can complain https://www.immigration.govt.nz/cont...aint-about-inz, which goes to the branch manager in the first instance, and draws his/her attention to the fact that you have a problem.

Holiday closing. http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/public_holidays.html
    Thanks Again JandM. Appreciate it. Yes, I am very keen as i have resigned in my current job and serving notice period and until the visa comes its always tentative.
    The CO never approached me. I came to know from my employer that they reached out to them for verification of my Job Offer.
    I had applied online through Real Me account. Shall i drop a letter there to contact my CO?

I contacted the INZ through online query and Phone but i get the same answer that I have to wait atleast till the mentioned processing times.
    Last edited by sama21; 14th December 2018 at 12:18 AM.

I don't have experience of the RealMe system. Can anyone out there help/suggest?

Otherwise, you could ask INZ when you speak on the phone where you can email. And there's a general email address here https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...542#post576542 suggested by a forum member who is currently going through processing.

Finally got my visa approved after 83 longs days. Waiting for dependents Visa to get approved. Thanks everyone for your support.

The others which depend on yours should follow very quickly now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast