Thread: Retired solicitor to certify supporting form

Default Retired solicitor to certify supporting form

Can a retired solicitor certify my husband’s form to support my application for a partnership-based work Visa? Or does it need to be a practicing solicitor?
    Thank you in advance and have a great day!

For INZ to use a certified copy as evidence, this page https://www.immigration.govt.nz/know...-question-7058 explains it must be certified by someone authorised by law to take statutory declarations in your country.

But I've never heard of anyone having to have a FORM certified. Can you give a link to what you've been looking at?

Hi JandM!

It’s the INZ 1025 which my husband is completing as my sponsor. Meanwhile, my mother-in-law called immigration and they’ve confirmed that it needs to be a practising solicitor. Thank you all the same for replying to my post.

I had set a deadline to submit my application two weeks ago, but it’s taken ages for my husband to get his items ready and we’ve been both been traveling for work. Fingers crossed it’ll be done by Sunday night.

And I did the written assessment for that job tonight seeing that the Skype interview last week (from my hotel room, after an exhausting day back to back in meetings) went well. In all of this, I haven’t even thought about Christmas!

Hope you are having great weather in NZ and wishing you a lovely day :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BananaFace View Post
    Hi JandM!

It’s the INZ 1025 which my husband is completing as my sponsor. Meanwhile, my mother-in-law called immigration and they’ve confirmed that it needs to be a practising solicitor. Thank you all the same for replying to my post.

I had set a deadline to submit my application two weeks ago, but it’s taken ages for my husband to get his items ready and we’ve been both been traveling for work. Fingers crossed it’ll be done by Sunday night.

And I did the written assessment for that job tonight seeing that the Skype interview last week (from my hotel room, after an exhausting day back to back in meetings) went well. In all of this, I haven’t even thought about Christmas!

Hope you are having great weather in NZ and wishing you a lovely day :-)
    It can be a person who is "enrolled as a barrister and solicitor." I've never known that a current practicing certificate is necessary.

Thank you, ChrisMwn! It was what INZ said to my mother-in-law, but then I’ve read (possibly here?) how the people manning the phones are not experrs, and mostly refer to the manual.