Thread: Resident to Permanent Resident Visa - Sticker

Default Resident to Permanent Resident Visa - Sticker

Hi guys,

when I originally applied for my resident visa I found this forum very helpful.

My 2 year mark as NZ Resident is approaching and I have spent the required time in NZ to be finally able to apply for my NZ Permanent Resident Visa. However, I would like to have a physical visa label in my passport. Does anyone have experience with this kind of question?
    My plan is to apply for my Permanent Resident Visa (INZ1075) along with the form INZ1023 to request a physical label ticking the box that I have received an eVisa and requesting a physical visa label (assuming that my PR application will be approved)... has anyone gone through this recently?
    Last edited by Sebastian91; 17th December 2018 at 12:12 PM.

This has been mentioned very recently - apparently, it IS possible. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...702#post576702

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian91 View Post
    Hi guys,

when I originally applied for my resident visa I found this forum very helpful.

My 2 year mark as NZ Resident is approaching and I have spent the required time in NZ to be finally able to apply for my NZ Permanent Resident Visa. However, I would like to have a physical visa label in my passport. Does anyone have experience with this kind of question?
    My plan is to apply for my Permanent Resident Visa (INZ1075) along with the form INZ1023 to request a physical label ticking the box that I have received an eVisa and requesting a physical visa label (assuming that my PR application will be approved)... has anyone gone through this recently?
    I spoke to INZ last week and asked this question specifically but unfortunately they said I have to first lodge my PR application and apply for the sticker subsequently.
    Last edited by everest; 17th December 2018 at 11:20 PM.

Oh, great - INZ saying two different answers again, apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by everest View Post
    I spoke to INZ last week and asked this question specifically but unfortunately they said I have to first lodge my PR application and apply for the sticker subsequently.
    That is really weird they would say that! As JandM linked to, I literally just did this last month. I sent my passport and both forms to the Auckland receiving centre. Had it all back within three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    That is really weird they would say that! As JandM linked to, I literally just did this last month. I sent my passport and both forms to the Auckland receiving centre. Had it all back within three weeks.
    Thank you for sharing your experience and I shall try this myself..I guess there is no harm in trying anyway but did you have to write a covering letter requesting the label ?

Quote Originally Posted by everest View Post
    I guess there is no harm in trying anyway but did you have to write a covering letter requesting the label ?

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, a cover letter was included, along with both the INZ1176 (PR application) and INZ1023 (application for sticker).

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, a cover letter was included, along with both the INZ1176 (PR application) and INZ1023 (application for sticker).
    Thank you..I am going to lodge mine soon and will update on the progress.