Thread: University

Default University

My partner is moving with me (through the accredited employer work visa) but he would like to keep continuing his education (bachelor and then unto a master?). He is one year from finishing his bachelor in environmental science.
    What other options are available there? or do we have to be permanent resident.
    from what I could see tuition is 30k?

Any advice is welcome thank you.

He would need to be a resident (not permanent resident) to not pay international tuition fees. if you meet skilled migrant residence requirements and he is eligible to be included in your application, you could apply now for residence. You don't have to wait until you have completed 24 months on a Talent (accredited employer) visa. ( but a skilled migrant resident application might still take 6-12 months)

Does their university have any reciprocal agreements with international universities to do a semester/year abroad? Perhaps that might be something to investigate that would allow him to finish his bachelors degree in NZ but graduate from his overseas university. Then once you both have residency you could pay domestic fees here for the masters.