Thread: Leisure time together and planning to move into a new house

Question Leisure time together and planning to move into a new house

Hi everyone,

Hope your all doing well.
    Me and my partner are renting into a 2 bedroom house with his dad. We are paying the half of it and we have his dad's letter saying that we have our private bedroom as a couple. We will be applying as a partnership work visa this January. We have our proof of address like letters sent to us. Also, the electricity and internet bills are on me and my partner's name. Around middle of December when his younger sister came here in New Zealand and will be staying here. Now, we are planning to move into a new house or apartment, just the two of us. Is this will affect our application since the address we used is different?

Second is the leisure time together. We are from Christchurch, and we didn't go outside of the city. We were happy to visit some museums, park, hiking together and biking, visiting friends and other attractions within the City. Is this okay that we didn't go to far places like the others do like going on a long drive?

Your sharing will be so helpful. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Annel; 1st January 2019 at 02:51 AM.

If you have already applied for a visa using your present address, you will need to let INZ know your new address. If you haven't already applied, then when you do, you will need to state in your covering letter that you lived at x address from this date to that date, and that is where you first section of evidence refers to, then you moved to y address, and there is more evidence relating to your new home.

You don't have to have been on long journeys together. If you have seen other people talking about that, it is just that they happen to have taken a trip, so they collected proof that they were both at that viewpoint, that hotel, on that plane, etc. - just different things to add to the mix. It's not obligatory.