Thread: Question about Bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage

Default Question about Bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage

Hi Guys, I have some confusion about Bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage
    I have 2 years Procurement manager working experience.
    But according to the Operational Manual:the principal applicant is suitably qualified by training and/or experience to undertake that work (including any specific requirements set out in column three of the Long Term Skill Shortage List or that were listed on the date their Expression of Interest was selected).
    Long Term Skill Shortage List Requires certificate of CIPS and 5 years experience for Procurement manager.
    Is 10 points of the 2-5 years experience conflict to the Long Term Skill Shortage List Requirement? That means no procurement manager with less 5 years working experience can apply for the 10 points for the bonus points.
    I did not have CIPS certificate and 5 years working experience, that means i can not claim for Bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage. Is that correct?

Thank you for your time
    Joe

I did not have CIPS certificate and 5 years working experience, that means i can not claim for Bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage. Is that correct?
    That looks correct.

but do you need to claim bonus points?

If i claim, i have enough point of 160, but i did not have the certificate of CIPS and 5 years experience in the absolute skills shortage requirement. So sad