Thread: Timeline Questions for Essential Skills Visa and Partner of Worker Work Visa

Default Timeline Questions for Essential Skills Visa and Partner of Worker Work Visa

Hi there friends,

I am need of some advice from any others who may have been in a similar situation as mine. My partner and I are not NZ citizens (I'm from USA and he is from Switzerland). We are currently on Visitor Visas and residing in NZ. My partner will be applying for the Essential Skills Visa and I will be applying for a Partner of a Worker Work Visa. We have our medical and chest x-ray certifications scheduled for next week and once we receive these results, we will be able to apply for the visas through the immigration website. Please see my questions below:

1. Our current visitor visas expire on March 7th. If we have our medical exams done on Feb 7th, will this be enough time to receive the results back in order to apply before our current visas expire (four weeks from date of medical certification to expiration of current visa)??

2. We are going with the assumption that we will receive an interim visa once we have officially applied for the ESV and partner visas and will NOT have to leave the country by March 7th once our current visa expires. Is this a fair assumption to make??

3. Should we not have enough time to submit medicals for the ESV and partner visa before current visa expiration date, can we request an extension on our visitor visas? We will have been in the country six months total at time of expiration of visitor visa.

The reason I am especially concerned about this timeline is because I am currently 32 weeks pregnant. If I will need to leave the country, I will need to do so ASAP as to meet airline regulations for flying while pregnant. BUT, I do not want to leave if I do not have to. I have planned to have my baby here but am concerned I will be forced to leave before that day comes if we do not get our visa applications submitted in time.

Please, any help is so welcomed and appreciated. I am obviously very nervous as to which path to take here and unsure of what is the best decision for me and the health of my baby. The last two months of pregnancy is not the best time to be stressing about immigration issues Thank you!!!!

1. As far as I've ever heard, the eMedical sends the results through to INZ within a few days, depending on how long it takes the blood test results to come back. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...al-examination Ask the place where you've booked the session about timing, I suggest.

But you don't have to wait. Looking at the application form for the Essential Skills Visa, at question C9 we have this.
    Tick the option that applies to you: Is a physician submitting your medical and/or chest X-ray certificate to
    Immigration New Zealand on your behalf?
    Yes Has your physician supplied you with an eMedical Reference Code (NZER)?
    Yes Enter your eMedical Reference Code here:
    No Enter the name of the clinic that is submitting your health information:
    2. You're correct.

3. This won't arise. You submit your part of the application, and the doctor/clinic will submit theirs separately.