Thread: SMC not granting points SOLUTION please?

Exclamation SMC not granting points SOLUTION please?

Hi, have messaged specific people on this, but in case someone else has the same experience = help please.

My partner and I have applied for an SMC residency visa with 160 points.

Our CO have emailed us today saying that she has only granted 140 points - not grating my partners skilled work, due to the unsatisfactory answers of the employer. (he is admin, and anzsco code chosen is for corp service manager - becos this description was the closest to his role)

What are the options to take on this??

Do we find a new ANZSCO code (will this be a new application altogether)? OR Prove the current one we chose (would that have a negative impact since the previous employer answers were already confirmed)?

She gave us until next week to reply.

Thank you so much for you kind help.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmb View Post
    Hi, have messaged specific people on this, but in case someone else has the same experience = help please.

My partner and I have applied for an SMC residency visa with 160 points.

Our CO have emailed us today saying that she has only granted 140 points - not grating my partners skilled work, due to the unsatisfactory answers of the employer. (he is admin, and anzsco code chosen is for corp service manager - becos this description was the closest to his role)

What are the options to take on this??

Do we find a new ANZSCO code (will this be a new application altogether)? OR Prove the current one we chose (would that have a negative impact since the previous employer answers were already confirmed)?

She gave us until next week to reply.

Thank you so much for you kind help.
    it would be difficult for anyone to comment or to respond to PMs without knowing a lot more about your application and in particular your partners role.

if you were able to convince the case officer that she was in skilled employment, then points could be awarded. Otherwise at 140 points you application will be declined.

Hi ChrisMwn,

Just curious though: On the event that the said points were not awarded, can you claim points for other categories (e.g. previous work experience) even if this was not included in your EOI? Or will this automatically mean that the application will be declined and you would need to make a new application for the new points claimed (e.g. new lodgement fees)?

Thank you!