Thread: Personalized Documents Checklist

Default Personalized Documents Checklist

Hi All

I got my invitation to apply beginning of November and now I am preparing all the documents to submit it.

The thing is that in the Personalized Documents Checklist that they sent me there is no mention of documents to back up my previous work experience (I did claim 20 points for it).

My guess is that since I managed to get 160 points from the other areas, they just ask me for documents to back up those 160 points (my degree, current job, etc, as well as the documents from my partner).

Could be that the possibility? The name "personalized" makes me think that they DO only want the documents on that checklist and nothing else, but I want to make sure that it is so. I would call Immigration, but I haven't had the best experience with the call center team when asking this sort of really specific questions.

What is your opinion?

Thanks!

Francisco.

Regardless of the checklist, you need to provide evidence that you have a valid claim of 160 points and otherwise meet any other requirements of the SMC.
    You arent obliged to provide any or all of the documents on the chccklist, subject to regulation 9, which is form, fee, identity and any other documents to meet the requirements of the visa for which you are applying.
    the checklist is simply a guide.

It sounds like it might have been a mistake on the part of the person processing your EOI. The checklist is automatically generated based on the information that the person processing the EOI inputs into an online tool - if they didn't enter your work experience points into the tool, the checklist won't mention the documents required for work experience. It would be a good idea to include evidence of work experience when you submit your application, despite the checklist not asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    It sounds like it might have been a mistake on the part of the person processing your EOI. The checklist is automatically generated based on the information that the person processing the EOI inputs into an online tool - if they didn't enter your work experience points into the tool, the checklist won't mention the documents required for work experience. It would be a good idea to include evidence of work experience when you submit your application, despite the checklist not asking for it.
    Hi Erin. Once I read somewhere in the Immigration website that the work experience acquired before you got your degree that experience doesn't qualify for points. Is that so?

My degree is highly required in my home country and it is really common for the companies to hire most of the students while you are in your final years of Uni or working on your Thesis, which was my case.

I am wondering if there could be an issue with this.

Thanks.

Hi, Francisco -- just curious what ever came of your application -- did you submit documents backing up your previous work experience?

We did not have any mention of documents needed for our work experience in our checklist either, however, this is listed in the INZ 1105 Application for Residence Guide as of Feb 2018, which was sent to us in our ITA:

COMPLETING SECTION G: SKILLED WORK EXPERIENCE
    You may gain points for skilled work experience. Bonus points may be awarded for:
    • skilled work experience in New Zealand
    • skilled work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage

For more information, you may need to refer to the descriptions or definitions of the terms in the Skilled Migrant Category Expression of Interest Guide (INZ 1101).
    I have skilled work experience, but I don’t have skilled employment in
    New Zealand, and my work experience is not in an area of absolute skills shortage
    If you do not have current skilled employment in New Zealand or an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand, or if your work experience is not in an area of absolute skills shortage, you can only be awarded points for skilled work experience if you can show that your work experience was gained in a comparable labour market.

What evidence do I need to prove I have skilled work experience?
    To gain points for work experience you will need to submit documents that provide all the details below. You may need to submit several documents for one job to show all of the following information:
    • the position(s) you held; and
    • the dates you held the position(s); and
    • whether your employment in the position(s) was full-time (ie based on a 30-hour week) or part-time (ie based on less than a 30-hour week); and
    • the name and address of your employer(s); and
    • a description of your role and the tasks you undertook.
    There are a number of documents that may show the information we need before we make a decision on your application. You could submit the following documents as evidence for all the information required and listed above.
    • References on company letterhead. • Pay slips.
    • Job specifications.
    • Tax records.
    • Letters of appointment. • Contracts.
    • Job assessments.
    If necessary, we may need to ask you, or your previous employers, for further information or documents before making a decision on your application.
    You will also need to provide evidence of how you were qualified for your skilled work experience by prior training or experience.
    Evidence of my skilled work experience in New Zealand
    If you want to claim bonus points for skilled work experience in New Zealand, you will need to provide the general evidence that demonstrates skilled employment and the location of your job in New Zealand.
    Evidence of skilled work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage
    You may be able to claim bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage, if:
    • your work experience was in an occupation included on the Long Term Skill Shortage List; and
    • it meets the specifications for that occupation as laid out in the Long Term Skill Shortage List; and
    • you are suitably qualified by training and/or experience to do that work; and
    • you had occupational registration while gaining the work experience if occupational registration was required in the country where the work occurred.
    You can show you meet the above requirements by providing us with the following evidence.
    • Employment references which confirm:
    • previous employment in an occupation included in the Long Term Skill Shortage List; and
    • that you meet the specifications listed in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (if applicable); and • previous work experience that enabled you to do that work (if required); and
    • qualifications demonstrating you meet the specifications included in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (if applicable) and that you were qualified (if required) for that work; and
    • occupational registration certificates if you required registration.

Quote Originally Posted by Rease View Post
    Hi, Francisco -- just curious what ever came of your application -- did you submit documents backing up your previous work experience?

We did not have any mention of documents needed for our work experience in our checklist either, however, this is listed in the INZ 1105 Application for Residence Guide as of Feb 2018, which was sent to us in our ITA:

COMPLETING SECTION G: SKILLED WORK EXPERIENCE
    You may gain points for skilled work experience. Bonus points may be awarded for:
    • skilled work experience in New Zealand
    • skilled work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage

For more information, you may need to refer to the descriptions or definitions of the terms in the Skilled Migrant Category Expression of Interest Guide (INZ 1101).
    I have skilled work experience, but I don’t have skilled employment in
    New Zealand, and my work experience is not in an area of absolute skills shortage
    If you do not have current skilled employment in New Zealand or an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand, or if your work experience is not in an area of absolute skills shortage, you can only be awarded points for skilled work experience if you can show that your work experience was gained in a comparable labour market.

What evidence do I need to prove I have skilled work experience?
    To gain points for work experience you will need to submit documents that provide all the details below. You may need to submit several documents for one job to show all of the following information:
    • the position(s) you held; and
    • the dates you held the position(s); and
    • whether your employment in the position(s) was full-time (ie based on a 30-hour week) or part-time (ie based on less than a 30-hour week); and
    • the name and address of your employer(s); and
    • a description of your role and the tasks you undertook.
    There are a number of documents that may show the information we need before we make a decision on your application. You could submit the following documents as evidence for all the information required and listed above.
    • References on company letterhead. • Pay slips.
    • Job specifications.
    • Tax records.
    • Letters of appointment. • Contracts.
    • Job assessments.
    If necessary, we may need to ask you, or your previous employers, for further information or documents before making a decision on your application.
    You will also need to provide evidence of how you were qualified for your skilled work experience by prior training or experience.
    Evidence of my skilled work experience in New Zealand
    If you want to claim bonus points for skilled work experience in New Zealand, you will need to provide the general evidence that demonstrates skilled employment and the location of your job in New Zealand.
    Evidence of skilled work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage
    You may be able to claim bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage, if:
    • your work experience was in an occupation included on the Long Term Skill Shortage List; and
    • it meets the specifications for that occupation as laid out in the Long Term Skill Shortage List; and
    • you are suitably qualified by training and/or experience to do that work; and
    • you had occupational registration while gaining the work experience if occupational registration was required in the country where the work occurred.
    You can show you meet the above requirements by providing us with the following evidence.
    • Employment references which confirm:
    • previous employment in an occupation included in the Long Term Skill Shortage List; and
    • that you meet the specifications listed in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (if applicable); and • previous work experience that enabled you to do that work (if required); and
    • qualifications demonstrating you meet the specifications included in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (if applicable) and that you were qualified (if required) for that work; and
    • occupational registration certificates if you required registration.
    Hi Rease

We decided that we would commit only the items listed. I already have all the documents ready from my previous employers just in case they ask for it, but I didn't send them with the ITA.

My philosophy is that sometimes less is more, and I am sure that if they made a mistake on the checklist they will let me know really quickly.

We also took this decision based on that even without my work experience we had enough points to cover 160.

Cheers.