Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: INZ External Check

Yes, it's common.

Don't be misled into thinking of your application and some other person's as being in a two-horse race. INZ are commonly receiving HUNDREDS of pieces of post every day. They are sorted by a staff of people (not just one, so there is not just one queue), directing them on to another staff of clerks to look them over. This is why just two items in that great sea of paperwork don't necessarily appear to be neck and neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivish View Post
    Hi Egoodhue,
    I have submitted my Residency application on 9Jan19 but still no confirmation email or fee hasn't been deducted, but someone on this fourm applied on the same day and they have been charged INZ levy today
    Is it common for money not being deducted for my application thats submiited on the same day as her
    Can you please help me with this
    Yes, it's very common for money not to be deducted in line with when someone else sent in their application. INZ are slow in every aspect of their processing. It's currently taking them more than 1 week to open mail, process payments and officially lodge applications. Their "goal" is to open and lodge mail within 3 working days but I don't think they've met this goal in months now. I would follow up if you haven't had payment deducted by this Friday - in theory, with their current timeframes that I'm seeing, they should have your application lodged by this Thursday if you sent it in last Wednesday.

Thank you jandM and Erin

Re: "mental breakdowns". I'm not an LIA, but I reckon these must be disclosed as an update to B4 on the Medical Certificate if they occur post-submission.

Be aware that the standard of public care for mental health in NZ (and AU, for that matter) is abysmal.

Hi EGoodhue and Jandm,
    I have contacted INZ today and been advised that they have backlog to upload SMC applications from 14thDec
    I wonder someones application already accepted for processing which was sent on same day as me from the same place
    Is it because of the different category( applicant fall under talent accreditied resident visa)

See my post #11 above. And nobody here is in the INZ office, therefore able to state certainly that *this* happened for *that reason*.

I strongly advise that you don't keep looking sideways at what you may hear about other people's applications. All it does is upset you if they seem to be better off than yours at the moment. (Bear in mind, things can change.)

Also, it often happens that an applicant will run up against one of the less pleasant aspects of human nature, which means that as soon as anyone starts talking about any visa application, some charmer pretty well ALWAYS knows of (i.e. SAYS they know of) either somebody who applied for the same thing, but everything went drastically wrong so their life fell apart, or else somebody whose application did fantastically better than whatever you've just told them is happening to yours. I don't know why people have to act like this, but we keep hearing on the threads of people trying to manipulate migrants' feelings. It is much better for your peace of mind not to be open to conversations of that sort.

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    See my post #11 above. And nobody here is in the INZ office, therefore able to state certainly that *this* happened for *that reason*.

I strongly advise that you don't keep looking sideways at what you may hear about other people's applications. All it does is upset you if they seem to be better off than yours at the moment. (Bear in mind, things can change.)

Also, it often happens that an applicant will run up against one of the less pleasant aspects of human nature, which means that as soon as anyone starts talking about any visa application, some charmer pretty well ALWAYS knows of (i.e. SAYS they know of) either somebody who applied for the same thing, but everything went drastically wrong so their life fell apart, or else somebody whose application did fantastically better than whatever you've just told them is happening to yours. I don't know why people have to act like this, but we keep hearing on the threads of people trying to manipulate migrants' feelings. It is much better for your peace of mind not to be open to conversations of that sort.
    We were talking about our Talent Resident applications in an other post (about fee is deducted, documents already sent back etc.). I really did not want to hurt Ivish feelings, I always encouraged him that everything will be allright. Even if we sent application in the same day, these are different categories. Talent applications are usually faster than SMC, but at the moment Talents are still taking 5 months to procceed. I do not know if others hurt his feelings or not, but I felt concerned by reading this topic about these kind of conversations. Have a nice day to All

Lind88, my comments were absolutely NOT directed at you. I was remembering the large number of forum members who have had unhelpful remarks from e.g. neighbours, workmates, people in the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Lind88, my comments were absolutely NOT directed at you. I was remembering the large number of forum members who have had unhelpful remarks from e.g. neighbours, workmates, people in the pub.
    No worries. I was worried if I made him feel bad, but hopefully not!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast