Thread: Hairdressers

Default Hairdressers

Is there many mobile hairdressers in NZ, particularly in Christchurch?
    Is it expensive at the hairdressers over there?

Jonathan

Depends on what you want.

Chch has many $10 hairdressers which to my (male) mind provide a pretty reasonable service. My wife feels otherwise...

I'm sure that a lot of people in Chch pay many many times more than that each time that they go to have their hair done.

But isn't that true of most places?

George

Would love to know where your wife goes! That's one of the first things I'll need to find on my arrival in Christchurch - a decent hairdresser. These things are very important to we women, you know!

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by K&CS
    George

Would love to know where your wife goes! That's one of the first things I'll need to find on my arrival in Christchurch - a decent hairdresser. These things are very important to we women, you know!

Kate
    I believe that she goes to the one in Sumner opposite the Village Grape.

She used to go somewhere else, but apparently it wasn't expensive enough (only joking)...

Kate

Im currently going to a hairdressers called George Janis - which is a chain - so im sure there will be a couple in Christchurch.

It costs about $75 for a wash, cut and blow dry. Here that takes about an hour, whereas in the UK i tended to be in and out in less than half an hour. Now this is in Welly - and thats about the most ive been charged in any hairdressers here. Ive changed from going to an independant to GJ because I get a discount there - and by luck found a fantastic Irish Hairdresser who is Toni and Guy trained.

If it helps - Toni and Guy are up in Auckland only at the moment - and they are the only familiar name from the UK. For comaprison -if I recall rightly - a wc+bd will cost about $105-120 there, which seems in line with a UK T&G service. So the other main salons seems pretty cheap in comparison!

Of course - hubby gets a cut for about 12 bucks - but some things NEVER change

So do you think there is money to be made in mobile hairdressing in Christchurch?

Quote Originally Posted by JJG
    So do you think there is money to be made in mobile hairdressing in Christchurch?
    Well since they are on the short list - I would guess you could do some business......and if your going to Christchurch, I'll give you a PM for a trim once I get settled

Try the local yellow pages and see what you get for a search on 'Mobile hairdressers' ???

Kat

Default just found this...

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:...k&ct=clnk&cd=3

hope this helps

Kat

Now I must do some 'WORK'....not......

Cheers Kat.

Jonathan