Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarification on SMC JSV to RV

Default Clarification on SMC JSV to RV

Hi Everyone,
    I’ve a clarification on conversion of SMC JSV to Resident Visa.

I’m sending my offer ,job description and details to the Immigration Auckland,to proceed with my Resident Visa.

I understand from my immigration adviser that it can't be submitted or tracked in online from the existing SMC JSV Application as it’s closed with the grant of JSV.

I would like to know ,in that case ,how will the application be tracked on the status once i send the offer & Contract,Job description .

Could anyone help to clarify me pls ..Have anyone done JSV to RV conversion recently ?

I couldn't track online. It took 4 months for me!! (No problems with my application.) Remember to send original or certified copies; plain copies are not accepted.

Your adviser will be able to check for status updates via the adviser enquiries that us LIA's have access to - until your documents and SMC file are allocated to a Case Officer, at which point your adviser will be able to check directly with the CO for updates. SMC is still very much a paper-based application process (there's far too much paper involved to realistically make it an online process any time soon) so unfortunately there's no way to track progress online.

Thank you all ..understand it’s more of paper based ..just one more info on the certified copy.. Company now makes it all online through adobe approval and releasing .Would it be be considered as original if I send this or it has to be certified?

Thank you .were you notified through mail on the approval?

Hi Everyone,

I've received the below mail from my case officer when asked about digital copy is being accepted as original and for the JSV to RV.

"Since you have already secured NZ employment now, we do not need to proceed with JSV. Instead we can continue assess your residence application based on your job offer. Are you able to ask the employer to send to me via email all the employment documents attached to your email. We can accept the scanned copies from your employer with no problem.
    Is it OK with you?"

The job description can just be a standard print from pdf, but the job offer needs to have signatures. I sent originals and they return those to me after my RV was issued (4 months later).
    This was what happened to me:
    I posted plain copies of job offer and job description, along with a cover letter, in late July.
    A few days later I got a acknowledgement of receipt.
    Then no news for about 6 weeks.
    I called the helpline number and was told that a case officer was just allocated to me the previous day, so I should hear from them soon.
    A few days later I did hear from the case officer, who requested originals or certified copies instead of plain copies. I sent originals (to save time).
    Mid October, still no news. Contacted case officer, who said that I was at second-person check, I should get visa soon.
    Late October, I did get visa, but with wrong condition (that I needed to stay in the job for 12 months, even though I didn't claim points for employment outside Auckland). I contacted case officer, they agreed with me. But at that time I had been in employment for over 3 months, so they asked me to send evidence (payslips, tax summary) that I had been in employment all those 3 months so they could remove section 49 condition.
    A few more weeks for me to send originals, for the docs to be lodged in the system, the case officer to make recommendations, and second person to check etc.
    I got "approval in principle" email in late Nov. Received passports and original docs back a week later.

Note those that I applied under pre-August 2016 rules. (I submitted EOI in Sept 2016.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinenz View Post
    The job description can just be a standard print from pdf, but the job offer needs to have signatures. I sent originals and they return those to me after my RV was issued (4 months later).
    This was what happened to me:
    I posted plain copies of job offer and job description, along with a cover letter, in late July.
    A few days later I got a acknowledgement of receipt.
    Then no news for about 6 weeks.
    I called the helpline number and was told that a case officer was just allocated to me the previous day, so I should hear from them soon.
    A few days later I did hear from the case officer, who requested originals or certified copies instead of plain copies. I sent originals (to save time).
    Mid October, still no news. Contacted case officer, who said that I was at second-person check, I should get visa soon.
    Late October, I did get visa, but with wrong condition (that I needed to stay in the job for 12 months, even though I didn't claim points for employment outside Auckland). I contacted case officer, they agreed with me. But at that time I had been in employment for over 3 months, so they asked me to send evidence (payslips, tax summary) that I had been in employment all those 3 months so they could remove section 49 condition.
    A few more weeks for me to send originals, for the docs to be lodged in the system, the case officer to make recommendations, and second person to check etc.
    I got "approval in principle" email in late Nov. Received passports and original docs back a week later.

Note those that I applied under pre-August 2016 rules. (I submitted EOI in Sept 2016.)

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. that helps to understand it's kind of around 4+ months to get the conditions removed after min 3 months period.

My employer was fast enough to send my contract and Job description scanned copy to my case officer today and my case officer acknowledged.

i would have to wait and see how long it takes to process RV.

JSV to Resident via conversion

Hi Banupriyam, I was asked to submit my originals or certified copy by my case officer, my immigration lawyer sent it via courier scanned copy via email.
    but no acknowledgement from case officer i was bit worried ..i wrote an email to check if he received it to my surprise case officer sent his acknowledgement in 5 mins timeframe. patiently waiting for the outcome. Let me know if you have any update. Good luck to us !!!!

oh yeah ..i got a mail from one case officer that he has been assigned for my application as the other person who was handling went on for long holiday ..however he accepted that if I send my offer and Job description thro employer,only scanned copy is accepted .my employer sent him last week ,and he acknowledged..I’m waiting as well ..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast