Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interim visa HELPPPPP!

Default Interim visa HELPPPPP!

I have a question regarding my visa. I am currently on interim visa because I am still waiting for the release of my visitors visa extension. However, while on interim visa i got a job offer.

My questions are:

1. Can I lodge a working visa while I am waiting for the result of my visit visa extension?
    2. Can I tell my immigration case officer that I have a job offer and an employer who would love to support my work application. Would it jeopardize the result of my visitors visa extension?
    3. Can I have two application of visas on my realme account? (Visitors visa and working visa)

Thank you in andvance. Hope someone could help me in my queries.

1. No, you can't. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s/interim-visa
    You can’t apply for another visa while in New Zealand on an interim visa.

If you want to apply for a different visa from the one you’ve already applied for, you can only apply for it:

after we’ve made a decision about the application we’ve accepted for processing
    if you still hold a valid visa.
    2. Yes, you can tell them, but there isn't anything in their instructions about the visitor's visa that will allow it to help in any way. On the other hand, it can't do any harm, either.

3. In theory, you could, but not at the moment, because you're in New Zealand on an interim visa (which is ONLY for the purpose of keeping you legal while your current application is decided).

Thank you very much for answering my queries JandM😊

In my number 2 question you said it is alright to tell my immigration officer that I got the job offer already. If they found out about that will ther be any negative effect on the application of my visitors visa extension? They might think that my visit in NZ is not genuine because I applied for a job. Also, can my employer call my case officer to speed up my visit visa application in order for me to process my work visa application? Thanks again.

No negative effect, because anyone has the right to talk to employers about work, and get as far as getting an offer, while they are on a visitor's visa. But they must, as you know, get a work visa before actually doing any work.

No, the employer can't influence what INZ do, or get your case any priority. INZ deal in strict fairness with applications by means of date-order lists. Think about it - EVERYBODY wants their visa *yesterday*, and EVERYBODY feels they have special reasons. The NZ government doesn't let themselves care about what members of the public want - they treat everybody alike.

You are though obliged to advise INZ of a change in circumstances. If you now have a job offer , then that may be considered a change in circumstances. I'd suggest you provide INZ with all information relevant to a work visa application ): advertising, non availability of NZers to fill the role job offer and proposed contract (subject to grant of visa, ) and evidence that you are suitably qualified or experienced to fill the role as advertised.

Thank you again for your response

Thank JandM and Chrismwn for your help 😊

Does anyone know when is the right time to lodge a work visa application after an extension of visit visa is granted?thank you

Whenever you like, once you are fully covered by a valid visa again.

Thank you again JandM😊😁

I do have another question JandM is it mandatory to put all the employment history when applying for work visa? Im not sure if I need to put a 3 month work experience. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast