Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London applications, processing time - Partner Work Visa

Default London applications, processing time - Partner Work Visa

Hello all and Happy 2019!
    I submitted my Partner Work Visa application on 19th December (unfortunately, over two weeks past my original deadline) and so far nothing has happened. Has anyone had any experiences of submitting applications via London or dealings with the London office to share?
    Thank you in advance and have a great day

I have had a few Work to Residence applications processed through the London office (I'm a licensed adviser based in NZ) and they are generally much quicker at processing than the NZ offices. In saying that, keep in mind that the office was very much "winding down" that week before Christmas, with many staff going on leave during that week and the office was essentially closed until 7 January (very few staff worked between Christmas and New Year) so everything pretty much gets "put on hold" until the first week of January, when the backlog starts to get worked through slowly.

The London office do have a generic email address that you can direct queries to - LondonTempApplications@mbie.govt.nz. Email that address and ask for an update as to where your application is at in the processs.

Thank you ever so much, EGoodhue!

Oh dear... "As part of our global processing model, this application has been transferred to Hamilton branch in New Zealand. For any further updates, you will need to call the Immigration Contact Centre on 0508 55 88 55 or 09 914 4100, (or if you are outside of New Zealand +64 9 914 4100), and they will help direct your query to the correct department. Alternatively, you can visit our website to find answers to frequently asked questions or lodge an email enquiry online at www.immigration.govt.nz/help."

Yes, unfortunately, all the family applications are now processed in the Hamilton branch. Mine was taken away from the existing officer who was working through my case just because they've decided to re-organise everything. They also told me that I'll have to wait 2-3 months for the new CO in Hamilton branch (I managed to get it escalated and got one the next day).
    So at least your one is being sent there right away, not 8(!) months into the process.

Oh. My. Goodness! I hope you’ll get yours sorted soon (I got the impression that it’s still a ‘work in progress’), and thank you for sharing.

I am driving myself crazy by checking the status on a daily basis, but it doesn’t look as thought anyone has even looked at it yet...!

It is indeed work in progress, currently at 10,5 months and finally sitting in a queue for a 2pc. That's a residency application though.
    My work visas were pretty painless! 2,5 months for the first one and less than 3 weeks for the second time which right now seems like nothing.

Sorry to hear it!

Was it 2.5 months from the date that you submitted your first Work Visa application? If so... gulp! That's horrifically long...

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...sa-application Hope for the best: be prepared for the worst.

Good evening all from another grey morning in the UK!

*** APPROVED!!!! *** I actually found out yesterday morning but I've been all over the place with work, job searching in NZ...oh and doing summersaults such was my joy (not to mention sheer relief).

Thank you so, so much for all the good advice and support. I am afraid this isn't the last you've heard of me as there is the job search, eventual move to NZ and the Resident Visa still to do.

Timeline:
    19/12/2018 - submitted application online from the UK for the 'up to 12 months' Partner Work Visa option
    24/01/2018 - email(s) from INZ, one which included my Visa approval document

For the record, as I've seen this mentioned in another thread, the status of my application has remained as 'submitted' throughout and hasn't been changed even though my application has obviously been approved. That prompted me to panic, thinking that nobody had even looked at my application which obviously wasn't the case.

Anyway, **Happy Days**! Happy long weekend to all of you in NZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast