Thread: travelling as living together evidence

Default travelling as living together evidence

Hi all,
    My son and his partner have a long history of declined visas.
    They have been together travelling in Asia for 4 months and want to re apply for a partnership visa.
    Can this period of being together count as evidence or will in just be seen as a holiday and not count?
    Heres hoping and thanks

We have submitted a lot of travel info with our applications but I'm pretty sure it says somewhere on the website that vacations you take together do not meet the criteria of living together if you don't live together at home. Unless they lived at one place overseas, rented it, had a lease, worked etc? Just a guess though.

no they didnt, unfortunately nowhere in the world they can live together and support themselves financially.
    Been 2 years 4 months now of trying

If two people are travelling together and neither of them now has a settled home that they are going back to, that travelling doesn't count as a vacation. I remember a case from several years ago when a couple set out from Europe, heading for New Zealand eventually, but intending to see a whole lot of the world on the way, and their journey, with evidence of the same flights, the same accommodation, photos of being at the same places, letters from people who were with the same group for parts of the time that they were a couple, etc., counted as proof of partnership for their eventual visa application.

that is great thanks for that. They both resigned their jobs etc to go and live overseas as long as they could, four months and counting but money running out

well the good news for anyone waiting on an application is it only took 5 days.
    The bad news is it was another empatic NO.
    We are gutted.
    4 visa applications, 4 lots of different reasons why not, no consistancy whatsoever.
    Has cost an absolute fortune.
    This letter was rude and downright insulting with no right of reply or appeal.
    No idea where to turn

I'm sorry about this . Frustrating and annoying most of us here understands. I'll suggest since it has been this way they should stay longer gather up and build up 12months proof of relationship and go for residency were I'm pretty sure that they can appeal if declined .
    Well I have been declined 5 times , March 2015 , may 2015 , April 2016 , June 2016 , August 2017 .... after the last decline they noted we are in a credible relationship with just 7 months proofs of living together but still I was declined based on not a bona fide and no proof of financial interdependence. ... since then and through out 2018 I didn't apply for any kind of visa as I decided to face my marriage other than focusing on just a visa . Today we have lived for 2 years alot of things has changed , travelled together , 2 joint accounts from different banks , financing a car and also health insurance , house contract on both names same as receipts on both names , utility bills e.t.c we intend this time around to go for a residence visa and will be applying latest month end . We hope this time all goes well. The declines forced my wife to leave nz to live with me in brazil and since 2 years that she left she has never returned home . I know it's not easy but I'll suggest they should forget about visa now and plan/build their relationship without worries of immigration and apply for a residence visa next time which can be appealed if declined . It's well Traybon delay is not denial .

one thing for sure they wont give up
    Definetely use an LIA we really noticed the difference as this is the first one without one.
    The LIA we had was brilliant but they are so broke couldnt use him this time.
    They are both going home to get money together and contemplate the next move
    cheers for the support and good luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by traybon View Post
    well the good news for anyone waiting on an application is it only took 5 days.
    The bad news is it was another empatic NO.
    We are gutted.
    4 visa applications, 4 lots of different reasons why not, no consistancy whatsoever.
    Has cost an absolute fortune.
    This letter was rude and downright insulting with no right of reply or appeal.
    No idea where to turn
    Sorry to hear, I guess we all want the best for our children and situations like that are quite heartbreaking. I am not sure if this is a good or a bad idea, but so many people approach the press these days with their stories..., if there are downright injustices, maybe making it public will force someone to front up? Otherwise- have you talked to your local MP- shouldn't it be their job to help in a situation like that (apologies if you have done that and written about it...).

thanks, yes I want the best for both of them, she lived here with us for 7 months and I love her like a daughter too, so yes it is heart breaking. We dont want to go to the press, I know it is what a lot of people do but its just not us. We have been to our minister Paula Bennet and she has sought an intervention but the associate minister declined.
    Its a brick wall and we need a miracle, but they wont give up
    thanks for the support