Thread: Question Regarding SM 3.15 - Grant of Resident Visa

Default Question Regarding SM 3.15 - Grant of Resident Visa

Hi, I am a software Engg with 10+ years experience from India planning to apply for SMC and suffered a setback because of the requirement to have a NZ Job offer or NZ study experience in order to be granted Resident Visa straight away.

I am planning to enroll for a Masters Degree in order to become eligible for RV. I have a couple of doubts in this regard

1. Since I am enrolling for my Masters after my work experience, will I get points for the Masters degree.

2. The Study Requirement Reads
    has undertaken full-time study for at least two years in New Zealand that has resulted in the award of a Doctorate or Master’s degree.
    Are they talking about 2 academic years or 2 Calendar years.
    How many credits I should have completed within the 2 Academic or Calendar years (180 or 24 ).

Experts please clarify.

As Per the INZ website you can claim 50 points for 1 year Level 8 Masters program and also maybe 90 points for a Job offer after you complete the degree.
    In case you can manage 160 points with other parameters you don't even have to claim points for the experience.
    Validating Indian experience can be a challenge as Indian experience is not considered comparable.
    You can claim points for any experience that you gain after moving to NZ.

P.S not an expert - Just trying to help.

Cheers and good luck.

Hi,

Please have a look at this... https://www.immigration.govt.nz/form...ork-experience Before you take any decision...